Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #81
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

so is the superman darkseid statue prone to paint mishaps for the second edition. not alot of videos of this statue. if so how bad is it.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:22 AM   #82
Jdavid024
Doh!

I ordered mine from BBTS and once I opened it i saw that the cape was broken off but someone had glued it back on. Also, there were paint issues with Superman's face.

I was able to exchange it out and currently waiting for the replacement to come in on Wed.
Jdavid024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #83
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdavid024 View Post
I ordered mine from BBTS and once I opened it i saw that the cape was broken off but someone had glued it back on. Also, there were paint issues with Superman's face.

I was able to exchange it out and currently waiting for the replacement to come in on Wed.
Wow - that is pretty crazy! I got mine from BBTS and the cape was broken on superman. I returned it for replacement. I wonder if they glued it and sent it to you!! The replacement from BBTS was apparently opened previously as the tab on the box was worn. The paint in the replacement was awfully damaged. Darkseid had a hole in his butt and there were many paint scratches and scuffs. Returned this one as well but was told there were no replacements without issues. Requested a refubd.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #84
khrisc
The X-Men

just got mine..paint is bad..i also see glue on darkseid's right hand and superman's left hand..it is also light..almost hollow.

Geez..whats up with DC Collectibles and their 2nd edition releases? Both Batman vs Killer Croc and Superman vs Darkseid are poorer in comparison to the first.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:55 AM   #85
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll have a video up in the next couple days. Mine has issues as well, so it will give people an idea of what kind of defects many of us are talking about.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #86
khrisc
The X-Men

im disappointed with DC Collectibles..its like they just made these just for the sake of making it..no quality involved.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #87
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
just got mine..paint is bad..i also see glue on darkseid's right hand and superman's left hand..it is also light..almost hollow.

Geez..whats up with DC Collectibles and their 2nd edition releases? Both Batman vs Killer Croc and Superman vs Darkseid are poorer in comparison to the first.
Not necessarily. I have the first edition Supes vs. Darkseid and paint is far from perfect. Darkseid has some overspray issues with the blue from the gloves getting on the arms. It was poorly covered in gray and on top that, the touch up spray was done after the dark wash was applied to the skin, so there are patches of gray with no wash and blue showing underneath.

Plus the packaging on the first gen were prone to having the base damaged. Mine came with three flame tips broke off. There were no replacements at the time, so I stayed with this one.

Supes is painted ok, but not as nice as the Supes vs. WW or the Supes vs. Ali that I both own.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #88
khrisc
The X-Men

really? damn..thats too bad..what i had in mind was the batman vs killvercroc..the paint job on the first is way better than the 2nd..considering time has passed and this time it should be better..anyway here are my pics..very very sloppy..paint and glue..also there is the issue of the imaginary grip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150125_194944.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	88279   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150125_192046.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	88280  
Old 01-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #89
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, here's my dysfunctional piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Gw...Ff2NIjcsSlJDLw

I haven't notice the glue issues. Mine is mostly relegated to the hands. So sad. I've wanted this statue for years too.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #90
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm happy I ended up passing on this. It was a piece I was really contemplating but I thought that the price was too high for the end product that would likely be delivered. Guess I was right...

Still haven't bought anything from DC in years that aren't Batman B&W or Superman Metallic statues. Only pieces with anything that has solid production.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote