Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-20-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
Jsterling
Doh!

Poison Ivy Bombshell Question

Hi

I am fairly new to statue collecting so this may be fairly common and I am just not aware of it yet.

I got the poison ivy bombshell statue and there are differences between this one and the ones I have seen online.

1. On reviews for this statue there are four vines, a, b, c, d. On mine there are three, vine "c" on mine is the same as c and d on other statues.

2. I have seen that the sign on the statue is attached to the base, on mine it is detachable and there is a magnet.

These differences are not bad, actually they seem like improvements, I am wondering if it is common for changes to be made mid run (mine is 3349 of 5200 I believe). Would this kind of change effect value later on?

Thanks
Jsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

My fiance and I just picked up a 2nd run edition of Supergirl and she also has the improvement of a magnetic nameplate (yay! I'm thrilled with this change).

I saw that Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman had 2nd editions coming out this month. Maybe yours is a 2nd edition?
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
Jsterling
Doh!

Maybe?

How would I know if it is a second edition? I know that with many batman b&w the second editions are not numbered, such as their harley quinn. Mine is numbered and does not say anywhere that it is a second edition.

You say that you "saw" that 2nd editions were coming out this month, where did you see it?

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

It's a second edition.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #5
Jsterling
Doh!

So how can you tell if they are second editions (asides from knowing minor tweaks that may have been made)? Does it say somewhere on the box or statue?

On many DC direct products with second editions, death, sandman bookends, harley quinn b&w ect ect they state on the box they are second editions.

Does being a second edition effect the value?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsterling View Post
Does being a second edition effect the value?
In most cases, yes.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #7
Jsterling
Doh!

Ok...so how can you tell it is a second edition? Looking at the box, the statue ect there is nothing that says it is second edition and it is numbered the same as the first editions.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Sylara
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsterling View Post
Maybe?

How would I know if it is a second edition? I know that with many batman b&w the second editions are not numbered, such as their harley quinn. Mine is numbered and does not say anywhere that it is a second edition.

You say that you "saw" that 2nd editions were coming out this month, where did you see it?

Thanks.
My 2nd edition Supergirl is numbered. Aside from knowing that the 1st edition has a fixed name plate (and i think in 1st editions she's attached to the base, my 2nd edition she is removable) there is nothing indicating that it's 2nd or 1st on the box, base, or any place else.

As for where I heard/saw that Poison Ivy was up for a seecond edition, many of the larger sites had both Ivy and Wonder Woman up for preorder again.
Sylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #9
Jsterling
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylara View Post
My 2nd edition Supergirl is numbered. Aside from knowing that the 1st edition has a fixed name plate (and i think in 1st editions she's attached to the base, my 2nd edition she is removable) there is nothing indicating that it's 2nd or 1st on the box, base, or any place else.

As for where I heard/saw that Poison Ivy was up for a seecond edition, many of the larger sites had both Ivy and Wonder Woman up for preorder again.
So there are actually 10,400 of these floating around and could be more if they send out another edition with no mention of edition number? That seems odd especially when DC direct has many similar statues with second editions. It also seems kind of misleading and dishonest if that is indeed the case.

I have heard that DC direct has been known to send their statues out in batches, only releasing 3000, or however many, and then waiting until demand picks up again to release the next batch. Is it possible that they released a bunch and before the next batch made some improvements? Looking at the poison ivy's I have seen that examples with the improvements have high numbers, 3,300 or so and up while example without the improvements have lower numbers and I have not seen any examples of a improved statue with a low number (1-500) or an unimproved statue with a high number (4,000-5200).
Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #10
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I had no idea there was going to be a 2nd run for the bombshell line.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote