Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Prime 1 Hush Batman Batcave edition 28 65.12%
Prime 1 Year Zero Batman on Cycle 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

was debating this myself but as of right now im leaning towards zero year, my reasoning...

- zero year is the best batman statue to date imo (although not the most iconic)
- i think something is off with the hush portraits (eyes too wide? chin too big?) for some reason the extra hush mish mash portrait looks better than the regular ones
- downside is zero year is about $400 overpriced imo, i cant believe its $500 more than the regular batcave hush
- zero year is an odd scale, looks to be ~ 1/3.5 and would look better with 1/4 scale but still too big so is best as a standalone piece. whichever one i go with its going to be displayed on its own so this works for me

either way im waiting until both are released to decide. theres no way im paying $1600 + shipping for zero year and maybe P1 will revise the portraits on the batcave edition
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #12
dw316
Justice League

Zero year is definitely unique. I'm personally not a huge fan of the Batcave Hush version, everyone has their own opinion/nitpicks for him; the computer never bothered me much but the walking motion always irked me, very much like how the JL 1/3 Superman did. I personally prefer something more like an Arkham Origins power stance or a Ninja Batman crouching sculpt for the character specifically. That said, it still looks like an amazingly detailed piece, but just not for me given the limitations of space and thus selectivity of what goes into the collection. It is the more iconic Batman statue, but like others said, they will most likely be making more in the future since it's their big moneymaker. I honestly prefer the DKRIII a lot more, even though I'm not a fan of the Frank Miller style, if Hush was in that pose much like the Jim Lee art (that mirrored the Superman one), that could have gotten my money and vote. Between the two, overall, I prefer a classic look over the uniqueness of the Zero Year so Hush would get my vote. If you are patient though, I'd wait to see what else they put out.
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:20 AM   #13
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattikebukuro View Post
After seeing both in person, the Batcave Edition is vastly superior.
I take it you say that because of the size?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #14
AlanJG1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm a big fan of Jim Lee's art and the Hush Batcave statue looks like a perfect representation.
Having a switch out unmasked head pushed me into ordering the Deluxe version.

The Zero Year on Cycle is definitely a nice and dynamic statue but I personally prefer the Batcave one since it is more iconic.

Good luck with whichever one you choose.
AlanJG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #15
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I think Zero Year would be cooler to look at. Motorcycle and crossbow, no cape to fool with. You can't go wrong with either.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #16
Mister H
Youngblood

I would vote the Zero Year if Bats was holding an AR-15 instead of that crossbow.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:47 PM   #17
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

If you don't have a Batman already then definitely Hush.

However, if you already have a 1/3 Batman that you like, would go with Zero Year since it's very unique.
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:23 AM   #18
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
I take it you say that because of the size?
That may be part of it.

The Hush is just breathtaking and screams Batman. The shading is very subtle and well done.
I own over 50 1/4 and 1/3 scale and it's simply the best statue I have ever seen.

The Zero Year is good looking and I can understand people being crazy about it if they are big fans of this story arc because it's a rare kind of representation for this character.
To me, it just feels like a guy on a motorcycle as it's not how I would envision Batman. The scale also felt extremely weird.
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #19
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hush now darlin', don't say a word...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote