Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #171
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
When I working there, they had nothing to go on. Unless it came out in the last month you had no idea what the price was. I had to hunt down the manager to get a price. Sometimes it took a while and the customer asking for the price gave up and just left. As smoothly as the rest of that store runs that was the one black spot in my eyes anyway.

So other than the names.....pretty much no change then? LOL
Well, the part of the store with metal garage-style gates was under construction for a while so that they could prep a nice area for the statues. Everything does look pretty now, though sometimes someone will shove a statue inside a shelf that's barely taller than the statue. You can see the head touching the upper glass, lol.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:29 PM   #172
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Well, the part of the store with metal garage-style gates was under construction for a while so that they could prep a nice area for the statues. Everything does look pretty now, though sometimes someone will shove a statue inside a shelf that's barely taller than the statue. You can see the head touching the upper glass, lol.
Years ago I sold them a Dark Horse Bettie Page statue. I told them it had a known leaning issue but mine had never toppled over. They put it on the top shelf about 10 feet up and a couple weeks later came crashing down.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #173
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Years ago I sold them a Dark Horse Bettie Page statue. I told them it had a known leaning issue but mine had never toppled over. They put it on the top shelf about 10 feet up and a couple weeks later came crashing down.

wow, I want one of those. Damn, what a shame it broke while in their possession!! Damn shame!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #174
Gothamite
Phoenix

Looks like Supergirl is scheduled for March 2019.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #175
Gothamite
Phoenix

Old 09-16-2018, 09:26 PM   #176
Mister H
Green Goblin

Like this one. There’s a strange thin area in the left shoulder though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #177
spriggan
The Spirit

Hopefully it is just from that angle. I like to see it from multiple angles but so far it seems very nice.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #178
Gothamite
Phoenix

I haven't read Metal yet, so I'm surprised to see that Diamond is charging full speed with statues based on that storyline. Was it really popular with readers?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #179
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I haven't read Metal yet, so I'm surprised to see that Diamond is charging full speed with statues based on that storyline. Was it really popular with readers?
It was a mild to solid success. Nothing huge, but not a flop. I thought it was fine, if a bit like seeing the DC Universe through the lens of an angsty teenager. None of the Dark Universe characters landed for me, but it did set up some possibilities with future events that I won't spoil.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #180
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It was a mild to solid success. Nothing huge, but not a flop. I thought it was fine, if a bit like seeing the DC Universe through the lens of an angsty teenager. None of the Dark Universe characters landed for me, but it did set up some possibilities with future events that I won't spoil.
I was looking forward to Justice League: Odyssey, but they've delayed it so many times now that I sometimes forget that it's supposed to happen.