Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #621
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Internal news reports on a single huge box like Namor's.
So that should be better/easier on shipping costs, rather than two smaller boxes? It's my first XM piece and had no idea these are so big they come in two!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #622
Puni
Birdman

one box sounds good to me. i have some difficulties to store the two boxes from the hulkbuster. maybe have have to stack them better tetris style
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #623
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

"The waiting is the hardest part." Maybe XM should start building a certain amount of these things ahead of time assuming a certain minimum MTO. I ordered this statue in December, and now it might be two years until I get it?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #624
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
So that should be better/easier on shipping costs, rather than two smaller boxes? It's my first XM piece and had no idea these are so big they come in two!
Namor being in one oversized box is the worst because no normal carriers will take it.

If this comes in over sized and over normal lifting limits like Namor then you have to go specialized and laws come into effect where you have to have 2 men to move it and lift it, and that's when the prices go sky high.

A normal statue costs me about £15 with a courier to send in the UK. Namor is around £100. That's just inside the UK.

I wouldn't even want to think about how much he would have cost to get from China or the USA.

2 Smaller "normal" sized boxes is a much much better way to do things imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #625
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Namor being in one oversized box is the worst because no normal carriers will take it.

If this comes in over sized and over normal lifting limits like Namor then you have to go specialized and laws come into effect where you have to have 2 men to move it and lift it, and that's when the prices go sky high.

A normal statue costs me about £15 with a courier to send in the UK. Namor is around £100. That's just inside the UK.

I wouldn't even want to think about how much he would have cost to get from China or the USA.

2 Smaller "normal" sized boxes is a much much better way to do things imo.
Oh man - I know that the Namor base is gigantic, but you'd think they'd still need a bigger box to fit hulk, banner and both bases, so we may be facing the same issue!
Old 08-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #626
ambasah
Red Skull

one giant box sucks! It will cost MUCH MORE than two "smaller" boxes.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:40 PM   #627
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
one giant box sucks! It will cost MUCH MORE than two "smaller" boxes.
Maybe someone can let them know this?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:02 PM   #628
Colossal

While we don't know the weight (I think) of this, can pieces like this and the Hulkbuster sit on top of IKEA furniture, like a PAX or the new Platsa? I don't think I'd risk them on a middle shelf, but would think the bottom of the unit or top would be strong enough?
Old 09-03-2019, 07:11 PM   #629
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
While we don't know the weight (I think) of this, can pieces like this and the Hulkbuster sit on top of IKEA furniture, like a PAX or the new Platsa? I don't think I'd risk them on a middle shelf, but would think the bottom of the unit or top would be strong enough?
I've reinforced my Pax shelves with the metal guides on the side and additional elbow brackets in the middle, but he's going on the bottom. I do have the original XM Hulk and XM Dr. Strange on a single shelf in the middle so I'm sure transformation by itself would work weight wise. (still risky though)

One thing I'm concerned about is the depth of Banner/Hulk together. The listed size I saw was just a little too deep for even a Pax. So, I might be forced to display them side by side or separately anyways.

Namor was a monster of a box. It was the single most annoying statue to unbox solo. I basically opened it downstairs and carried the pieces upstairs one by one. I think the head of the octopus weighed 50lbs alone...
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #630
spiwn
Frackin!

xm studios told me 2 boxes
spiwn is offline   Reply With Quote