Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #51
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Honestly I'm a little disappointed these are 1/6 pieces.

I'd love to start collecting their 1/5 pieces as mer-man, trapjaw and others spoiled are looking just incredible.

But if they are going to start making a 1/6 classic line with pieces like this, which are equally impressive, I'd rather just wait and see what comes out in the future to match.
That is a bit of a concern for me...syphoning sales from the 1/5 line. I think enough demand is there that they'll probably be okay, but I question if there'll be enough demand to keep things full steam ahead for both lines. It does give people a cheaper (I'm assuming) and more space friendly option, though, so I'm for it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #52
Sandman585
Hydra

This is baffling to me as why it would be 1/6. This would have been a way to allow people who didn't have the Sideshow pieces to get a 1/5 scale He-Man and still collect the other 1/5 pieces. I'm not sure the thinking here to be honest.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #53
Frankierock
Omega Red

Maybe they are just doing the so called Dio pieces in 1/6 to lower cost and get more out there. They never said there was going to be a full 1/6 line did they? I was under the impression that it was just he-man/battle cat and Skeletor/panthor that are 1/6 .
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:31 PM   #54
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
This is baffling to me as why it would be 1/6. This would have been a way to allow people who didn't have the Sideshow pieces to get a 1/5 scale He-Man and still collect the other 1/5 pieces. I'm not sure the thinking here to be honest.
There is going to be another 1:5 He-man as well, this 1:6 line is going to be a more simplified version of the characters while the 1:5 line is a more realistic take on them, like how they would look in a modern live action film.

I think of this new 1:6 line kind of like a mix of filmation and the art they used in the vintage toy line.

You can see a load of great vintage MOTU art in this blog - http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/20...-universe.html

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #55
xb24
Sinister Six

Clearer pic by plastic cell

xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #56
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This might make me break my rule of owning a male statue. I REALLY love this Battle Cat. Look at the detail on those teeth!! Wonder if He-Man can stay in the box.....

I would get this IF I knew She-Ra on Swiftwind was coming ever because that would be a bad-MFing-ass display.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #57
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This might make me break my rule of owning a male statue. I REALLY love this Battle Cat. Look at the detail on those teeth!! Wonder if He-Man can stay in the box.....

I would get this IF I knew She-Ra on Swiftwind was coming ever because that would be a bad-MFing-ass display.
Everyone is entitled to like and buy what they want but curious on the anti-male stance you have mentioned several times. Reason for this? (obviously not asking to share any crazy personal experience).

Last edited by extracomputer.1; 09-16-2021 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Added question mark
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:26 AM   #58
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at too. If I knew for a fact they would do She-Ra on Swiftwind, I'd get this to go with her.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #59
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm not sexist or man hating, I just only buy statues of characters I REALLY love. Those are commonly characters that I fell in love with through comics and cartoons. Growing up, you imagine being what you feel you are - and being a girl, those are ladies. I was She-Ra 3 years in a row for Halloween as a kid

There are lots of cool male characters, but I don't have any of the affinity for them that I do female characters. My collection (both statues and art) focus on Storm, Poison Ivy, She-Ra, and Catwoman. I have a random Harley here and there. It is FAR too costly to try and collect everything I think is cool, I am not a flipper and don't rotate my collection much, and only have so much space I want to devote. My collection style has helped me a lot with this situation.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #60
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I can't tell from the pics but I wonder if the front of Battlecat is supported by that large tooth on the base, otherwise thats a hell of a lot of weight leaning foward only supported by his back legs.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote