Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #1
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Disney+ - Marvel's What If...? - animated show

I did a thread search and couldn't find one so I figured I'd start this.

First episode was pretty good. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't mind bending or anything.

I do like the idea of Captain Carter though.

Also I'm loving the animation style so far. It's new but also has that old Fleischer feel to it at the same time.

1 down 8 to go.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:34 PM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

I probably won’t watch any of the episodes but I think a statue of the WWII Iron Rogers would be cool.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:50 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

Liked it. However, Peggy seemed significantly stronger than Cap. Also, how did the Red Skull get the tesseract back? Peggy just handed it to the colonel in the scene before.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
Augen
Metal Men

I like the concept as read these "What if?" growing up. The Captain Carter was fun, but I have to say the animation...it feels cheap to me. Reminds me of when they tried to do Berserk again and it looked so much cheaper than the 1990s version. Personal preference.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:10 AM   #5
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Liked it. However, Peggy seemed significantly stronger than Cap. Also, how did the Red Skull get the tesseract back? Peggy just handed it to the colonel in the scene before.
must have missed that part
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:11 AM   #6
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

I really enjoyed the first episode and had no idea I needed Captain Carter in my life.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:02 AM   #7
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Well Peggy was a trained British Agent, Steve was a simple soldier. I don't think it was so much stronger as she knew what to do with it better than he did at first. Cap seems significantly "stronger" in Every film after First Avenger.

Spoiler
Peggy gives the tesseract to the colonel and he asks Howard if he knew what to do with it, Stark uses the tesseract to power the Hydra Stomper. So when Steve is captured the Red Skull gets the tesseract back, that's why the Hydra Stomper is low on power at the end.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:03 AM   #8
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

Spoiler
Peggy gives the tesseract to the colonel and he ask Howard if he knew what to do with it, Stark uses the tesseract to power the Hydra Stomper. So when Steve is captured the Red Skull gets the tesseract back, that's why the Hydra Stomper is low on power at the end.
Yeah that was it!
Old 08-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well Peggy was a trained British Agent, Steve was a simple soldier. I don't think it was so much stronger as she knew what to do with it better than he did at first. Cap seems significantly "stronger" in Every film after First Avenger.

Spoiler
Peggy gives the tesseract to the colonel and he asks Howard if he knew what to do with it, Stark uses the tesseract to power the Hydra Stomper. So when Steve is captured the Red Skull gets the tesseract back, that's why the Hydra Stomper is low on power at the end.
Thanks!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I am anxious to see this series and I was a huge fan of the the original What If series and read some of the subsequent new runs as well. The What If comic stories always had a bittersweet tone to some of them, sometimes had a very happy ending or sometimes an ending that was worse than the original one that was depicted in the story it was based on.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote