Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #31
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbonez74 View Post
Without new readers/ collectors to keep hobby going it will eventally fade away.
Surprised the hell outta me, this one did. Walk around the corner the other night and caught my youngest at the table with a plate of chicken nuggets and my WE3 TPB. Usually we don't allow books or the likes to the table, but, how could I object to this? No question Grant Morrisson is out there, but, Frank Quitely is amazing. I think my boy liked the idea of talking animals that hunt and kill, go figure. New readers are out there. This one is 9.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #32
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
Surprised the hell outta me, this one did. Walk around the corner the other night and caught my youngest at the table with a plate of chicken nuggets and my WE3 TPB. Usually we don't allow books or the likes to the table, but, how could I object to this? No question Grant Morrisson is out there, but, Frank Quitely is amazing. I think my boy liked the idea of talking animals that hunt and kill, go figure. New readers are out there. This one is 9.
Exactly - people have been saying this for a few decades - ever since the bubble burst in the 90s - yet comics are still here... And doing better than in years past
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

To me, buying and collecting comics is a hobby that I enjoy both for the story and the art. I don't buy them with the intention of selling them, but in 20 years time who knows. By then I will probably be happy just to get my purchase price back. I'm not in it to make money, much like the people that build model airplanes or collect old dinner plates aren't in it for the money either.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote