Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #141
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
If Steve prices this @ 2800 usd, it is going to be a lethal mistake. It wont sell over 150 pieces. And im generous with this number (150 pieces). This should be priced around 2200d to sell well enough. Steve doesnt want a new fail similar to the 1/2 Endoskull (that thing probably sold the fewest pieces ever).

2800usd is a crazy price for a Gremlin-related sculpt. In 20 years nobody is going to give a ...k for an 80s movie. Why ? Read some of my older posts to get the reasons why.

Steve knows the market is too crowded. Imho, 2800usd is an outrageous price for anything from this license

It's been over 30 and people still care about this movie. just sayin...
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #142
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
It's been over 30 and people still care about this movie. just sayin...
The guys who still care are the SAME people or guys who were 15y old when the movie got out. Or some years after when TV showed it. Nowadays new generations are brought up with superhero movies (Marvel/DC). 30years from now, we (40-45-50y old) will be probably near to death and the kids of today will be the 40y old guys buying stuff they loved since their childhood. Nostalgia.

And NO, its isnt going to be from an 80s B-movie. They dont even know what Gremlins are. They simply dont give a .... for Gremlins. They will buy DC/Marvel stuff. THIS is the reason why SUPERHERO statues of today are going to fetch ridiculous prices 30y from now. The 1st Superman PFF, the 1st Batman PFF, the 1st WW PFF....These PFFs are DESTINED to become GRAILS (no matter what...Even if WW PFF had an atrocious QC, being the FIRST EVER PFF of Wonder Woman, it will be a GRAIL for young guys who will be men @ 40s then).

ALL OF YOU are making the same mistake. WE, our generation loved Gremlins or Ghostbusters. NEW generations dont give a ... for these licenses. Gremlins or Ghostbusters are afloat cause WE, men @ their 40s, 50s, 60s with huge disposable income, LOVE to buy things from our childhood.

Back to Mohawk, a price around 2200d is the price to go if Steve wants to sell many pieces. 2800d is an outrageous price for a DYING license
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #143
clutch
Sailor Moon

Doubt any of this new stuff will be worth much in the future due to the quantities produced now.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #144
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Ecc are one of the few companies left that actually have relatively low edition sizes
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #145
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Doubt any of this new stuff will be worth much in the future due to the quantities produced now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Ecc are one of the few companies left that actually have relatively low edition sizes
True but also due to the ever increasing original retail prices. Things like these that start at 1.5K aren't going to grow at the same percentage as $250 statue.

No matter how good the Gremlin is in 20 years no one will be paying 4K+ for one, unless due to just simple inflation. Forps pretty much has it here, though an additional good Wonder Woman could wreak havoc on the prices of the current one. The things that enthralled so many of us as children are just something to catch part of on TV now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #146
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Gotta disagree Universal Monsters Frankenstein and Dracula proves this wrong they are black and white flicks way before my time ...I'd buy statues of both
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #147
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I don't think you can compare legendary universal horror characters like Dracula or Frankenstein to Gremlims,those two have already been time tested and are loved globally,can't say that about Gremlins 2
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #148
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Use Freddy or Jason as examples then i think they will remain relevant...I admit Gremlins isn't as well known ...But it's like saying old music isn't relevant classics stand the test of time
Old 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #149
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well Dracula or Frankenstein are based on books that are the definition of CLASSIC. No comparison. If you actually think that a Gremlin sculpt is going to be priced today @ 2800d and in 30y when most of us are approaching the inevitable end (or are already dead), new generations are going to give a .... about a character from an 80s B-movie, then you are probably dreaming.

qz33

WW PFF will actually SKYROCKET 30y fron now. Yes it had poor QC, yes it could be better, YES NEW versions will apper, BUT it is the FIRST Wonder Woman PFF ever. Its like some old Star Wars dollies from the 80s costing 2dollars then and now trading for 30k. WW PFF, Superman PFF or Batman PFF as the first iterations or the first PFFs are going to cost a fortune to buy. Who are going to be the buyers?

Today's kids growing up with superhero movies. 10years ago only geeks knew WW. Now all new generations are brought up with DC/Marvel. Mark my words. If a Gremlin sculpt from an 80s B-movie sells between us like hot cakes, a WW sculpt being a BLOCKBUSTER movie and with audience 10 or 20 times that of Gremlins is going to fetch RIDICULOUS prices. NO matter what the problems with Sideshow's WW PFF were.

So a Gremlin-related sculpt for 2800d is an outrageous price for this license. If you like to buy it, good luck. But Steve is probably clever enough to price it cheaper, around 2200d. @ 2800d, there's ZERO value. We'll see
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #150
Ranz

Fair points Forps only time will tell