Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-23-2017, 10:35 PM   #571
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Her shade kinda looks like this girl's. Keep in mind also the fact that the lighting at the show was b@lls!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #572
toe
Alpha Flight

i'm sold. Best Phoenix out there.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #573
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I did a color picker with Photoshop, and you can see the difference between red and brown =(

DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #574
Squeeeeeps
Fantastic Four

Has this gone on PO yet? Highly interested no doubt.
Squeeeeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #575
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I did a color picker with Photoshop, and you can see the difference between red and brown =(

You do realize there are different shades of red right? That's why there are many crayons in the crayon box not just "red", "blue", green", "etc".

That pic of the girl I posted looks nothing like that Green xm phoenix you posted but she's no doubt a red head. Yet her hair tones are very different. She looks like the dark Phoenix piece. It's like a more natural red head look than a fiery or "dyed" look.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #576
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

We could go in to color theory and comparisons all day. But the fact of the matter is the first Jean release is a definite red while this new Jean is a composite brown color.

Even the picture you posted of the various shades of red don't match up to DP's hair color because they're all prime variances of red *shrugs*

I'm just saying I want red hair, not brown. And why not at least match the same color XM did with Jean's first release for the sake of continuity?
Old 10-24-2017, 02:49 AM   #577
Chargersfan57

Quote:
We could go in to color theory and comparisons all day. But the fact of the matter is the first Jean release is a definite red while this new Jean is a composite brown color.
On this part we'll just have to agree to disagree because I wouldn't call the real girl in my post a "composite brunette", I'd call her a red head. And the truth is their hair, girl and statue, are very similar.

Quote:
Even the picture you posted of the various shades of red don't match up to DP's hair color because they're all prime variances of red *shrugs*
Again, tell that to the girl I posted, that her hair doesn't fit on the red head scale so she can't be a true red head.

Quote:
I'm just saying I want red hair, not brown. And why not at least match the same color you did with Jean's first release for the sake of continuity?
I actually prefer her "red" hair on the dark phoenix piece compared to green Phoenix because it looks more realistic whereas the green phoenix hair looks more "cartoon".
Old 10-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #578
DiscoCougar

I won't beat this issue to death (although one could argue I'm passed that, lol). But one last point to make is also that your picture is of a girl in low light settings =)

Here' she is with a simple white balance and light adjustment to show just how red her hair actually is, and not brown
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fix.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	108953  
Old 10-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #579
Chargersfan57

Last point I'll make regarding her hair.

Example:

Which one is red:

Answer: They both are.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:59 AM   #580
Chargersfan57

Quote:
I won't beat this issue to death (although one could argue I'm passed that, lol). But one last point to make is also that your picture is of a girl in low light settings =)

Here' she is with a simple white balance and light adjustment to show just how red her hair actually is, and not brown
Well what a coincidence cause the lighting of the show was in low light settings as well.

Did you try lightening the dark Phoenix pic? Or maybe wait and see in a couple weeks what better lighting reveals. Did you see the crazy change with storm?

You might approve of her more when she makes her Italy debut.