Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #341
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Well I went from "so glad I didn't order this" to "might order but probably not." They should have just ditched the lower 10 card. The armpit and portrait seams aren't too bad, but still alarming at these prices. Otherwise, the statue looks phenomenal.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #342
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
I wun, saw it in person mutliples times, had even been impressed, The pose looke awkward and the legs n face are too skinny
Meaned if you have him on PO. It´s ok if someone don´t like the statue.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #343
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Well I went from "so glad I didn't order this" to "might order but probably not." They should have just ditched the lower 10 card. The armpit and portrait seams aren't too bad, but still alarming at these prices. Otherwise, the statue looks phenomenal.
I think they should have ditched the ten card as well, it would look much better imo.

Maybe if there's enough push back they will create a new arc for people, I have my doubts but I guess you never know...

Otherwise, the seams are pretty minor from what I saw on the video and I think the overall piece is amazing. I definitely will be keeping my PO, really looking forward to getting my shipping invoice and getting this in hand.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #344
gearhead
The Herculoids

I have this guy on order and I'm just catching up on this thread. VERY upset with the change to the arc! I get them not wanting it to lean, I don't want it to lean either, but they've had two years and this is the solution? If they needed to move the attachment point they should've re-sculpted the entire arc to make it work AND look right. It looks ridiculous with him throwing a card at his own feet! This was a very lazy solution in my opinion. And at the very least they should have been transparent about it and not spring it on us at shipping time.

No one should be ok with this. Everyone should speak up. They sent out new heads for Venom. They should redesign and send out new energy arcs for Gambit!
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #345
aa909
The Green Hornet

I’ve never been a fan of the energy effect on this piece. It looks too “plasticky” to me. They should’ve done the energy effect in clear tinted resin instead, would’ve looked better IMO.

And is there a gap on the COHs or am I seeing something?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #346
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I’ve never been a fan of the energy effect on this piece. It looks too “plasticky” to me. They should’ve done the energy effect in clear tinted resin instead, would’ve looked better IMO.

And is there a gap on the COHs or am I seeing something?
Some others noticed the seam in the neck as well but I’m guessing that it is more noticeable with the close up pics.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #347
Formula009
Birdman

I hate power effects unless they're somewhat transparent, with a backlight they always glow and look amazing. When they opted not to use it and went with a non transparent resin, the Paint was still OK in the proto, so I pulled the trigger. Production looks like frosting to me however, and I hate the angle now that the peg has been moved, this went from a 9/10 for me to a 6 real quick all due to the energy effect. Now I'm on the fence of "Do I cancel and loose a decent size deposit, or do I suck it up and hope it's better in person"
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #348
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I'll wait til it shows up on my doorstep. Economy level for me.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #349
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I'll wait til it shows up on my doorstep. Economy level for me.
How much were the two shipping options? I've seen posts about the costs increasing even more and that included Sideshow shipping too.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #350
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I know I paid 245 for express to WA...I think economy was 125.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote