Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-17-2005, 07:30 AM   #21
Comicboy
Deadman

Lets see we dont have 2.25(marvel) any more but hey we still have 2.25(dc),2.50, 2.75, 3.50, 3.99, 5.00 and so on. There are just too many crap books being made ie bad ideas, mini's, one shots etc.. What I see happening is them, the companies, know who ultimately reads the books, us, pays for the books, us again, who will hopefully pass them on to our kids and in turn, they buy them when they are old enough. In the meantime barrage us with movies about them, to keep our interest because we are getting older and our attentions turn toward different things, have the cartoons for the kids, maybe get them interested thus begging us for more. The overall market is geared towards us. We are the survival of comics. Our fathers, for the most part, didn't read them, we did. Our kids, unless we continue the cycle, won't be reading them either. There are just too many other forms of media out there that are killing the medium. I don't know where I'm going with all this but I gave up about a month ago cold turkey. DT's? Perhaps, but it got to the point where I just didn't care anymore. They made me wait endlessly for books that may or may not show up with prices that ranged from sick to sicker with multiple covers for all. They made stories that went nowhere and art that just blew. Sure there are some good ones in there but they are too few. And that's all I have to say 'bout that...
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #22
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hell I was mad when it went over a dollar. I quit before the $2 mark.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #23
Garrett
Justice League

Cool

Remember in the 50s and 60’s they were only 10 cents, and they were packed cover to cover with story rather than wasteful splash art and taking 4 issues to tell a stories when it could be wrapped up in an issue. Just dig a old Spider-Man from the early 60’s and time yourself how long it takes to read it then do it with 4 of today’s I bet you are still quicker with today’s issues.

I use to pick up about 12 issues a week about 6 years ago but now looking at my order for this month I’m down to 10 (that’s 10 for the whole month). One of those is a mini series and one I’m only getting to make the series up to a round 500 since I have all the stories from issue 1.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #24
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

For all of you who pay cover price, the world needs people like you. For going on 4 years I've rarely paid over 70% for a book and most of the time it's 60%. Thanks to DCBS these $2.50 books will cost me around $1.50 + shipping. I can wait a few weeks for my books to come out to save a bundle. Seeing how I buy close to 30 titles a month that's nothing to sneeze at.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:32 PM   #25
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
For all of you who pay cover price, the world needs people like you. For going on 4 years I've rarely paid over 70% for a book and most of the time it's 60%. Thanks to DCBS these $2.50 books will cost me around $1.50 + shipping. I can wait a few weeks for my books to come out to save a bundle. Seeing how I buy close to 30 titles a month that's nothing to sneeze at.
You stink!
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote