Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: should Marvel and DC regular comics be $3.99?
yes it is worth it 1 1.67%
no, in todays economy they are trying to rip us off 59 98.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #71
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Sadly, I think the Silver and Bronze age artwork will be the last to get hit because those pages have actual meaning. However, most artwork in general (especially the commissions) will fall dramatically. Unfortunately, most of the commissions I have seen simply to not exude the same amount of passion or effort one generally sees or expects from a published product. I think the future does not bold well for commissions in general.

Like yourself, I would love a Romita or Kirby -- but not just any page, you know? I guess I'll just have to wait for the heirs of this artwork to unload it so they could buy new tires. I would imagine it would pretty much come to that type of scenario.

My mother is a huge tea pot collector. She has about 1000 of them, many of which are limited, signed, and hard to find. Should I inherit these teapots (which I should), I really have no intention of keeping them. They will likely be sold to pay for new tires. However, I absolutely love her display cabinets... lol. ...I would imagine that my kids will feel the same way about my comic book memoribilia.
Good point about ther legacy of a collection. While my daughters are both big comic fans at this point (yes, I'm raising them right! ), I'm not sure they'll want all of the stuff I've accumulated.

And I should specify my earlier comments--I was talking about original published pages, not so much commissions, though I think there will be a market for those, too. What sort of market, I have no idea. We'll see.

I hear you on the Romita/Kirby thing--not just any page. Especially with Kirby, who did so much stuff. If I get a Romita, I want a Romita Spidey. If I want a Buscema (and I do), I want Conan. If I want Kirby, I want Cap, or Avengers, or...well, almost any of his Marvel stuff, really.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #72
CA35
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I currently buy my books online for 35% off. If not for that, I'de be done with these overpriced toilet readings.
CA35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #73
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I save by purchasing through DCBS but even with what I am saving Ive still scaled back what I pick up every month
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #74
thegreatgadfly
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

In any case... I'm just doing trades now, since I get more and they tend to last longer. Why do you have to do this to me Marvel. I thought we were friends!
Oh... and on top of that I went to tried clicking on the "get 3 comics free" thing from the 2d DVD in the X2 movie case, and it just took me to the main page! Course I did this yesterday...
thegreatgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote