Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 02-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

AoU IronMan Mk43 Cinemaquette

Iron Man MK42, hopefully this means someone will finally do Iron Man justice.

Two further CMs coming by the end of the year.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Bad choice IMO, they aren't going to be able to compete with HT or any other company that puts out 1/4. Even if HT priced theirs at $600, your looking at $2k+ for this new CM that will prolly have a bad human likeness and wont be too much bigger. They have to bring the price closer to 1k if it's going to do well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Bad choice IMO, they aren't going to be able to compete with HT or any other company that puts out 1/4. Even if HT priced theirs at $600, your looking at $2k+ for this new CM that will prolly have a bad human likeness and wont be too much bigger. They have to bring the price closer to 1k if it's going to do well.
got to agree, for a start the mk42 isn't the best suit there is, design wise most people didn't like it. More importantly I don't think they can compete on price with other stuff on the market.
I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the reaper maquette but even at a reduced price I'm just not seeing why it costs so must.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Price will be key. I look at what's possible when I look at the Prime bumblebee. I do like this armor and if the price is reasonable, I will sell my 1:2 mark 3 for this cause I don't worry about this being a quality piece. They need to nail the likeness too.

I won't pay 2k for something that will be made by tons of companies. That's the advantage Ecc has. Nobody will compete with their pieces.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The mark 3 is the iconic IM suit, the first red and gold from the film that basically kicked off the Marvel universe films.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #6
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

speculation is another Avengers piece will be revealed later on in the year, which would be why they chose this armor instead of the 3. Imagine a 1/3 Hulk?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
The mark 3 is the iconic IM suit, the first red and gold from the film that basically kicked off the Marvel universe films.
Yeah, it'd be either Mark III or VI for me. I find XLIII too gaudy.

$2000 saved. ^_^
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #8
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
got to agree, for a start the mk42 isn't the best suit there is, design wise most people didn't like it. More importantly I don't think they can compete on price with other stuff on the market.
I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the reaper maquette but even at a reduced price I'm just not seeing why it costs so must.
Totally agree. A very odd choice indeed. The only explanation I can come up with it that IM3 was the only IM/MCU license they could acquire from Disney. Outside of that I have no clue as to why they would go for the least popular IM armor from the least popular IM film.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Another thing to consider is who is going to buy this thing when there will be a ton of new AoU product with an (assumable) better armor?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #10
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Totally agree. A very odd choice indeed. The only explanation I can come up with it that IM3 was the only IM/MCU license they could acquire from Disney. Outside of that I have no clue as to why they would go for the least popular IM armor from the least popular IM film.
this isn't from IM 3, it's the Avengers 2 armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Another thing to consider is who is going to buy this thing when there will be a ton of new AoU product with an (assumable) better armor?
go over to the CM forum, everyone over there is willing to spend $2500 for this and some don't even know the difference b/w a Mark 3 and a Mark 43