Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #521
Python
Omega Red

The head looks fairly well proportioned to me, I wouldn't say this has a bobblehead at all. It's a hard one to gauge scale wise, but his compact pose doesn't help. Not only is he crouching, but he's also leaning forward slightly. I'm not confident It'll pose perfectly with the JH. But I am cautiously hopeful that will be roughly 1/4 scale and will independently be a nice little statue in person. I'm excited for it anyway.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #522
Python
Omega Red

That said, I've been reading some horror stories on Prime 1's FB page that we should all be aware of. They are applying surcharges to orders on the final payments currently. Not exactly sure why? One UK buyer had an $800 charge added to their Red Sonja statue. He cancelled it of course and obviously most of us will have to do the same if they try that nonsense on this when it ships. Let's hope that they get their act together before then.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:00 PM   #523
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
I think it's 1/5 scale as it has been pointed out many times. If you crop the base and the spear out of those 60 cm it's just too small to be 1/4...
I fear you are right, bcs when you use the picture with 60cm and recalculate this pred2, this results exactly in 1/5 scale.
(i measured width of his head 6,7cm and used the half-scale sideshow bust as reference, which is 16,5cm or 6.5inch).

But the website text clearly states something else (twice) and ppl should read also. That is why prime has to give clear answer on exact height.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #524
Halcyon
Loki

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
... It's a hard one to gauge scale wise, but his compact pose doesn't help. Not only is he crouching, but he's also leaning forward slightly.
Pose does not matter.
When calculating you just take a fixed point, e.g. lenght of upperbody or arm/leg etc
or like i did, width of head (lenght of head doesn't work bcs it is tilted).
Ruler is only in that picture, so you have to use what's available (and you are right, from the front most parts are angled)

But we really need the real size in cm or inches.
If the picture with 60cm ruler is correct, then unfortunately it is 1/5. If it is the 78,9cm (60cm to top of head) then it is an easy 1/4.
Skipped the Infinity Studio, last week i was about to order this one. But now i don't know, if 1/5 i will let this pass, bcs I don't like the eagle base.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:28 PM   #525
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Pose does not matter.
When calculating you just take a fixed point, e.g. lenght of upperbody or arm/leg etc
or like i did, width of head (lenght of head doesn't work bcs it is tilted).
Ruler is only in that picture, so you have to use what's available (and you are right, from the front most parts are angled)

But we really need the real size in cm or inches.
If the picture with 60cm ruler is correct, than unfortunately it is 1/5. If it is the 78,9cm (60cm to top of head) than it is an easy 1/4.
Just seems pretty strange for them to make it 1/5 when most of all their other statues are 1/4 or 1/3? Specially that all the other Predator statues are 1/4. Man, I sure hope you're wrong? I guess we'll just have to wait & see. I bought mine from Spec Fiction, which will be shipped close to me so no crazy shipping charges hopefully. I wouldn't pay no $800 shipping charges. That's total bullsh*t.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #526
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Just seems pretty strange for them to make it 1/5 when most of all their other statues are 1/4 or 1/3? ...
Yes I know, but they also have 1/5 batman now, so they use everything. Really hope it is close to 1/4.

When i started with sideshow, i wished they make more 1/5 bcs fully sculpted vs 1/4 (often PF with fabric).
Now that 1/4 is fully sculpted, main focus is 1/4 (don't like 1/3).
The BG JH predator1 is 1/4, so yes this has to match.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:53 PM   #527
Python
Omega Red

60cm is minus the spear, that image showing the spear is incorrect. Also we don't know if that 60cm is in it's wall mount or free standing configeration, that's another variable that is confusing things. It's not 1/5 though.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #528
Halcyon
Loki

Question

Quote:
60cm is minus the spear, that image showing the spear is incorrect. Also we don't know if that 60cm is in it's wall mount or free standing configeration, that's another variable that is confusing things. It's not 1/5 though.
Yes that was my first tought also, bcs the text clearly says with spear is 78,9cm and 60 without.

How wide is the predator head on your 1/4 ?
Bcs the sideshow 1/2 scale bust is 6,5inch (without dreads just crown width).

That picture you posted with pointing finger (uncropped). The finger is close to 1:1 (mine anyway), so the real width of crown there is close to 6,6cm (2.6inch).
Which is still large, compared to marvel 1/4 etc, but not for predator.

Edit: They do not answer this on facebook (it is almost 2 pages down already). So will send email, we need to know.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:40 PM   #529
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yes that was my first tought also, bcs the text clearly says with spear is 78,9cm and 60 without.

How wide is the predator head on your 1/4 ?
Bcs the sideshow 1/2 scale bust is 6,5inch (without dreads just crown width).

That picture you posted with pointing finger (uncropped). The finger is close to 1:1 (mine anyway), so the real width of crown there is close to 6,6cm (2.6inch).
Which is still large, compared to marvel 1/4 etc, but not for predator.

Well I have an P2 stunt bio next to me which is roughly 28cm. so I guess a 1/4 mask should be roughly 7cm (Just under 3") Across.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #530
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
. . . It's not 1/5 though.
Yeah - we went through this months ago (PRIME1's delays & silence have resulted in repeated discussions), and the side-by-side comparison pics that were uploaded to Freaks were very well done.

We all came to the conclusion back THEN that the City Hunter was 1:4 (possibly a tiny bit smaller) and the Jungle Hunter was bigger than 1:4

PRIME1 have already shown (over and over) they do not want to give a straight answer on scale, OR provide side-by-side pics (THAT on it's own speaks volumes), so folks may well have to wait until these are in-hand to see how these will look together.

Displaying them apart "sort of" reduces the concern, unless the rest of your collection is mainly 1:4 scale.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote