Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #441
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
All of you complaining about her saggy belly her flat chest her pancake bottom her mannish face, why don't you all post a picture of your perfect selves and get feedback from the forum members?
#statuelivesmattertoo

I can’t believe you want to body shame us human beings, are you an alien?
It’s probably not a good idea to see any of our pics, as they might influence your sexuality and make you hate ya more.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #442
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post

Some of you need to open your minds a little and realize these characters have always been up to the artists interpretation. It's no difference here or with anything sideshow has ever done. Ivy has never had a toned back? Now she does. Why would you want every piece to have the same cookie cutter look? One day, everyone's complaining about poses/statues being too similar and the next it's too different.
But this isn't a stylized design choice, this is reinventing what a character represents. It's the same as having a very skinny looking Wonder Woman or fat Catwoman. At the end of the day it's no sweat off my back but if that's the direction SS wants to go they'll be saving me a lot of money.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #443
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
All of you complaining about her saggy belly her flat chest her pancake bottom her mannish face, why don't you all post a picture of your perfect selves and get feedback from the forum members?
I feel you are taking criticism of this statue's art direction personally.

We are talking about a probably $600 piece of resin. People can be picky with their money all they want.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #444
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

This thread....

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #445
grphyx1
Kingpin

Now if she had a muscled back because of carrying these around, there'd be no complaint about her face
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:28 AM   #446
grphyx1
Kingpin

Maybe instead of poison ivy she should work on her pumpkin patch
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #447
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post

Some of you need to open your minds a little and realize these characters have always been up to the artists interpretation. It's no difference here or with anything sideshow has ever done. Ivy has never had a toned back? Now she does. Why would you want every piece to have the same cookie cutter look? One day, everyone's complaining about poses/statues being too similar and the next it's too different.
I'm all for changes that make sense, but if Batman was portrayed wearing a sombrero, or Wonder Woman started chomping on cigars like J. Jonah Jameson, I'd wonder if the art direction had gone a bit astray.

It's not close-minded to expect core aspects of a character to be represented accurately. Ivy's powers don't require a muscle-bound physique. In the comics and movies, she's not terribly active. Her plants do most of the work. The image of Ivy pumping iron just doesn't ring true.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #448
Gothamite
Phoenix

Well, to be fair, Batman is partly based on Zorro.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #449
stone eagle
Justice League

Reading through this and other threads I see problems that are widespread through society in these modern times.
When i was growing up "If you have nothing nice to say you don't say anything at all." and if asked for an opinion you offered it in a civil manner without personal attacks I guess in this internet age when you can post things anonymously people have become less civil?
I look at statues as just another art form and is definitely open to interpretation and will not please all the people all the time. Think of the statues, paintings and photos etc. in museums and some bring high price tags and some love them and others you could not give them away (at least to me...)
I feel supply and demand will give proper feedback to the artist and statue companies and will have an effect on future products probably more-so than just being snarky on a forum. But what do I know I'm a relative newbie to this style of collecting.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #450
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I see we're still creating drama for the sake of creating drama.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote