Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #641
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
?

The Joker (Jared Leto) - likeness off. Sideshow did a better job with their 1/4 scale

Harely Quinn (Margot Robbie) - likeness way off.

Deadshot (Will Smith) was a decent effort.

Cat Woman (Anne Hathaway) looks pretty decent. Her eye's could use more work.

Prime 1 tend to come out on top when it comes to Batman, characters with their faces covered.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #642
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Completely disagree on Harley and you left off Wonder Woman and basically every other DC character.

With Sideshow, we got Gal Gadont WW and Flockhart Catwoman. Not to mention Rey was awful.

When Prime one nails them, they really nail them. When they dont, they are still really good. Sideshow's best efforts are meh and the failures are massive bombs.
Plus the Tom Hiddleston Loki where he looked like an 80-year old woman with a face caked with makeup.

Agreed, Sideshow's movie "accurate" pieces are so bad it's almost embbarassing at times.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #643
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

With modern CAD and manufacturing techniques, the fight for top spot is extremely heated.

Arguing over who produces the best prototype is anyway redundant. The prize should go to the company who consistently manages to realise their prototype through to mass manufactured end product.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #644
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Plus the Tom Hiddleston Loki where he looked like an 80-year old woman with a face caked with makeup.

Agreed, Sideshow's movie "accurate" pieces are so bad it's almost embbarassing at times.
yea SS should leave the movie pieces to hot toys and p1.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #645
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'm not sure why p1 is getting all this praise for its movie stuff. From what I've seen, they have way more misses than hits. Their attempt at Margot Robbie is especially bad.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #646
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I wanted that statue so bad but if I bought it I'd be second guessing the likeness.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #647
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I'm not sure why p1 is getting all this praise for its movie stuff. From what I've seen, they have way more misses than hits. Their attempt at Margot Robbie is especially bad.
It's because Sideshow's movie pieces are done way worse than companies like P1, Hot Toys, Bitzway, or Iron Studios.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #648
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

What I'm trying to say is P1 shouldn't be put I the same category as hot toys or blitzway. I would say most of their attempts at actors have been as bad as sideshow.

I've had 2 movie pf's from sideshow(Keaton Batman and saruman) and loved both. Saruman was especially good. Probably their best actor likeness.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #649
DPmaster

And that's the problem is Saruman is like 10 years old and that was Sideshow's best likeness. They have access to all this modern technology but their movie likenesses have gotten worse while the other companies have gotten better.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #650
DPmaster

The only likenesses that I can recall from P1 that have been off are the Jared Leto Joker and the Margot Robbie HQ. All their other likenesses for their pieces have been good to excellent. With Sideshow's recent movie stuff, their likeness have been very poor to fair. But that's also because movie likenesses are not Sideshow's strength. Their comic based stuff is excellent (ignoring QC).