Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2021, 03:46 AM   #221
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I’m sick of ssc not doing exclusive statues. It makes mass produce statues less special to own.
I'm more concerned about the lack of switch outs. At least have switch out parts even if you don't want to have an EX variation. Not having switch out parts is just inexcusable and lazy.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:45 AM   #222
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I've never been a fan of this exclusive strategy. It's okay for me
The only non exclusive statue I bought was Cyclops because it was low ES and has switch out parts. I passed on Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. I’m waiting for the ES for Storm to be announced first. If it’s high, than I’m passing. The major problem is how much these statues are costing me. If I know it’s not going to retain value, than in passing.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #223
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I'm more concerned about the lack of switch outs. At least have switch out parts even if you don't want to have an EX variation. Not having switch out parts is just inexcusable and lazy.
Definitely lazy.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #224
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
I’m sick of ssc not doing exclusive statues. It makes mass produce statues less special to own.
It's a fair point, but I find most the time I end up never using the switch outs, I'll use the EX piece and leave the regular in the box never to see the light of day.

So I guess if i get a very cool standard item its fine for me.

Quote:
With today's delays, I wonder if they are trying to shorten the time by just making 1 ES, also trying to overall save on shipping weight cost. Tho if that's the case I think most would rather wait a little more and pay a little more.

Quote:
The only non exclusive statue I bought was Cyclops because it was low ES and has switch out parts. I passed on Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. I’m waiting for the ES for Storm to be announced first. If it’s high, than I’m passing. The major problem is how much these statues are costing me. If I know it’s not going to retain value, than in passing.

For the most part, almost all statues don't retain there value, very few of them do. So if you really dig the sculpt then get the statue if you intend to keep it for a long time. Another alternative is waiting for frees shipping/discounts to be added.

Customs may retain there value but they don't have a high ES, tho always seems to be a better or newer one about to go up for PO (same for licensed). For my taste majority of the time these don't look as good as sideshow's or even XM's and scale's are all over the place. I rather have a licensed piece as well.

I can already tell you Storm will have a very high ES. If you use your smartphone, and go to sideshow and it has a new feature telling you how many folks are looking at her, last time I checked it was up to 4,400 people viewing.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #225
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
I don't think about the increase in the value of the statues. All in all, I am of the opinion that it is more of a losing business in the end.

The only EX version that interested me so far was Sonja II. And I got Sonja cheaper on ebay than if I had ordered directly from Sideshow.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:59 PM   #226
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I really don't care whether it has an ex or not. I buy statues to enjoy them, not to sell on

The statues I have with ex pieces, I generally end up keeping anyway so their resale value don't factor into things

The lack of switchouts isn't an issue to me either as she looks great already IMO. Yes, more options is always good but I want the cost as low as possible
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:14 PM   #227
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I suppose the issue is that costs are rising at crazy increments and now we are getting less for that cost. And with Sideshow's crazy pricing systems, maquettes are usually $100+ more than a PF and they come with exclusive for $120+ the cost of a PF.

Given that it just seems as if Sideshow is picking and choosing to price gouge based on a name and the availability of an exclusive.

Mind you, this is based on me seeing that Doom Maquette has a Ex and looking nothing different or special than a PF, while all the recent Marvel PFs have had no exclusive. DC seems to be an outlier where PFs may still have exclusives, but I'm waiting to see if Power Girl was the last one to have an EX (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on the last DC PF to have one).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #228
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I really don't care whether it has an ex or not. I buy statues to enjoy them, not to sell on

The statues I have with ex pieces, I generally end up keeping anyway so their resale value don't factor into things

The lack of switchouts isn't an issue to me either as she looks great already IMO. Yes, more options is always good but I want the cost as low as possible

Yup, I'm of similar mindset here.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #229
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post

I don't see the lower cost
To me they are charging us the same as before and taking away the switchouts.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:11 AM   #230
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I don't see the lower cost
To me they are charging us the same as before and taking away the switchouts.
I was waiting for this argument lol

You're not wrong, but the price of all statues continually goes up

Maybe I should have said, I don't want any other excuses for the price going up, not that I want the cost as low as possible

Anyway, my point stands, if you don't like it, vote with your wallet. I'll be picking this one up for sure
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote