Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #71
Python
Omega Red

It looks good to me, hope they tweaked a few things.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #72
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It looks good to me, hope they tweaked a few things.

Nah! Prime1 won that battle.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #73
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
While I tend to agree, let us wait for the production pieces. P1 dropped the ball on us enough times already.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #74
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post

Well that's subjective and depends what people want. Coolprops have undoubtedly produced a more accurate Warrior and that matters to plenty of customers. The prime 1's base is also massive which might prevent people displaying it. There were similar complaints regarding this, apparently CP have altered it but we shall see. I don't particularly love either of them sadly as I need a decent warrior statue for the collection. It's always good to compare similar products either way...
Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #75
Puni
Birdman

too bad that CP had many problems with paint application and QC in the past. So i won't get too excited about this piece ...
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #76
Blade3327
Nightwing

CP have improved their paint apps, little by little. The Resurrection heads are not bad, the Covenant heads are pretty great, and (while they haven't been released) the Scar and Wolf busts were revisted to separate the dreads and further improve the paint apps. Being aware of their weaknesses is the first step, let's hope they follow through with solutions.

I'm just concerned that the base reduction mentioned by Beesub is the one that was done two years ago, where the water at the bottom was simply brought in closer. We'll need more than that.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:36 PM   #77
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

It is beyond me, how CP can produce so bad quality. I would love to get this one and the P1, as they would add each other quite well with different poses. Even in the movie they where slight different versions. But the Chap is sad in quality already, and it is hard do stomach as it is a Giger estate approved product. And yes, I have seen the original suit/sculpt at the Museum in Switzerland. The AVP Queen does the same. All spot on about accuracy and dedication of the artists, but the final product pictures show the same old washed out casts and a poor factory paint job.
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:34 AM   #78
Python
Omega Red

They're not really far off of Sideshow, I.E average. Compare Coolprops Predator masks to Sideshows and CP arguably come off better in terms of both accuracy and paint. Their Big chap maquette was fine as that is the right colour for the suit. I'd love to see them improve and reach Prime 1 levels of production, but not many companies in the industry are at that standard. Even Mamegyorai who created arguably the greatest Alien statue produced to date shipped it with an underwhelming paint app (And a huge price tag) While CP aren't the best in terms of production, they did provide me with one of my very favorite collectibles, so they aren't completely terrible....

Old 07-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #79
Blade3327
Nightwing

There's a lot of mottling and vein work on the Big Chap that CP left off, but they wouldn't be the first company to do this. Even the limited Sano run (the one with extra paint on the body) just had some simple airbrushed highlights and that remained the best Alien statue for years.

Funny how Kotobukiya managed to spoil us with a 1/10 figurine. Hey, if they can do it for less than $100...
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #80
Blue_Liquid
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Funny how Kotobukiya managed to spoil us with a 1/10 figurine...
I was just talking about how incredible that 1/10 Big Chap is, and how I wished it was 1/3 scale, or at least 1/4. It's fantastic.
Blue_Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote