Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 05-10-2017, 04:03 AM   #51
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
That is another thing with these "straight out of the box breakages" People will buy figures & not open them, maybe because they are buying them as invesments or just don't have room. They don't check to see if everything is alright, then might store them in an area that is not suitable for them - climate wise.
ALWAYS check your figures as soon as you receive them, even if you are not gonna display them straight away
Yeah, some of my figs are still sealed, but with this particular one, have opened it and posed it a few times, but I was careful when I did.
Then I took 'em back in their boxes...
When I took 'em out again, a simple knee bend broke the knee. I hope the same wont happen to the Hot Toys I'm about to have.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:10 AM   #52
mickey
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Yikes! I happened to skip that one. I have the Civil War and the Age of Ultron versions. I haven't taken them apart to were I could see any melty underneath. Really bad material reaction.

There is definitely a lack of good engineering going on in the collectibles industry. Definitely as collectibles become more complex, integrate mixed media and use new materials, this is going to happen more often.
Maybe THE CW and AoU versions are better compared to that. Time will tell, I guess. I do hope Hot Toys keep improving. That'd be a win for new collectors jumping on board.
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #53
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Yikes! I happened to skip that one. I have the Civil War and the Age of Ultron versions. I haven't taken them apart to were I could see any melty underneath. Really bad material reaction.

There is definitely a lack of good engineering going on in the collectibles industry. Definitely as collectibles become more complex, integrate mixed media and use new materials, this is going to happen more often.
Winter soldier is still the best version IMO
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote