Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 12-12-2016, 02:54 PM   #181
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is by far the biggest Frazetta collection I have ever seen. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
I like the way you display them with the paintings in the background. I see a lot of statues in your office, which I still remember when they've been released 1 or even 2 decades ago. I also have some of them, but my display space is very limited, so I only collect those I like most. Judging on the size of your collection I guess you also must be into collecting since quite some time?
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #182
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegsfuerst View Post
This is by far the biggest Frazetta collection I have ever seen. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
I like the way you display them with the paintings in the background. I see a lot of statues in your office, which I still remember when they've been released 1 or even 2 decades ago. I also have some of them, but my display space is very limited, so I only collect those I like most. Judging on the size of your collection I guess you also must be into collecting since quite some time?
Thanks man. I have been collecting Frazetta stuff since I was a kid in the 1970's, mostly prints, books, etc and started collecting statues I think in 1998 with Bowen DD if I recall correctly. Or was Bowen DD 1996? I think at the time it was $250 which was a huge chunk of my paycheck then I remember that.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #183
Kriegsfuerst
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have the same resumé:
I was fascinated with the books since childhood, collected them all. They were hard to get and costed a fortune. Years later (in 1998) - during summer holidays in Miami, I saw the DD from Bowen at a comic shop. It actually became my first statue. Back then there were no statues nor comic shops in my country. The internet was just in its baby shoes. I remember, Bowen didn't even have his own webdomain.
That DD statue was the trigger for this hobby.
Kriegsfuerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #184
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Shedman is too good to me. He gave me an autographed (with COA) photo of Kurt Russell for my Thing area display

Old 04-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #185
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Got my Kane with Tentacles from Kostas, arrived with breakage but superglued for now until I can get properly repaired. Also received autographed print from artist Chris Acheilleos.

I didn't really like him there so I moved him

Old 04-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #186
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Looking good Darrin...fit's perfectly in your collection.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #187
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Not Frazetta and not in my office but as I noted earlier my office got so full I had to petition the wife to bring my non-nude movie stuff and sports stuff into the house. Well finally got my game 7 from the 1991 world series ticket stub framed along with an autographed picture of Jack Morriss. A lot of people think this was the greatest game of the greatest world series in history. I went to games 6 and 7. I can't find my game 6 stub or I would make a companion frame with Kirby Pucket. Kirby hit the walk off home run in game 6 (Jack Buck's famous "We'll see you tommorrow night!!" call) and Jack Morriss pitched all 10 innings of a 1-0 game 7.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #188
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

A couple of updates while waiting for ARH Zeus and Virgin of Mahar.

Got my ARH 1/4 Barbarian repaint by Hanna Myers recently and am very happy with it.

Also added an old 1/7 scale William Wallace sculpted by William Paquet for ARH to go with Achilles, Arthur, Leonidas, and a CS Moore Magdalena that I just put in there because that's where I had room for her. She doesn't look too out of place.

Of course this is the historical William Wallace representation and not meant to be from the movie Braveheart so I am aware there is no Mel Gibson likeness, there wasn't supposed to be.

And lastly picked up the Darkhorse 1/9 scale DDIII. Didn't like the painting well enough to pay for the much better and more detailed version from ARH. Shedman has it and he looks great but this smaller one is fine for me. He is next to Bowen DD on a horse for scale.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:23 AM   #189
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Congrats they all look good...how do you like the DD3, it looks detailed to me.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #190
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Congrats they all look good...how do you like the DD3, it looks detailed to me.
It is very nice and detailed, I guess when I say much more detailed like Shedman's ARH when I look at his even his fabric of his shirt and "skirt" is defined in the sculpt and his paint job is more detalied, and he didn't touch it up. But again for me, I don't like the painting enough to spend $400-$500 on it so this one is a nice option to have. I might be stopping by Shedman's place in the next couple of days. He has both, maybe I will see if I can get a pic of them side by side or something.