Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 AM   #471
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Happens to all of us at some point. But you're right, $10 for these movies is a very good price, so no worries. I mean come on, if we wait long enough we'll find these in the dollar bin. Of course by that time we'll be on the next platform, whatever that may be.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #472
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Happens to all of us at some point. But you're right, $10 for these movies is a very good price, so no worries. I mean come on, if we wait long enough we'll find these in the dollar bin. Of course by that time we'll be on the next platform, whatever that may be.
So true.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #473
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Bunch of BDs on sale for $7.99 @ Amazon:

Black Hawk Down
The Dark Crystal
Kung Fu Hustle
The International
Dogma
Paul Blart, Mall Cop
Leon the Professional
Labyrinth
Jason and the Argonauts
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
House of Flying Daggers
The Natural
The Illusionist
The One
Underworld
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Charlie's Angels
Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist
Old 12-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #474
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Im wondering if the next medium will be to not HAVE a medium - meaning there won't be anymore discs - just streaming online for everything. Thoughts?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #475
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Im wondering if the next medium will be to not HAVE a medium - meaning there won't be anymore discs - just streaming online for everything. Thoughts?
Well thats what the studios and rental companies like Netflix would like to have happen, however the level of quality just isn't there at the moment. For video/audiophiles like myself watching films on Blu-ray with uncompressed lossless audio and superior video is the only way to go. I'd estimate we're about 4 to 5 years out (maybe longer) before streaming online gets up to speed and becomes a viable option for those who favor quality over affordability and ease of use.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #476
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well thats what the studios and rental companies like Netflix would like to have happen, however the level of quality just isn't there at the moment. For video/audiophiles like myself watching films on Blu-ray with uncompressed lossless audio and superior video is the only way to go. I'd estimate we're about 4 to 5 years out (maybe longer) before streaming online gets up to speed and becomes a viable option for those who favor quality over affordability and ease of use.
I have to agree. I don't even think going to the movies has better quality than my BD/Samsung combo at home. It just looks amazing...

Now if I could just get rid of my DVD's without the cases...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #477
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

@ amazon:

Ghostbusters $6.99

Close Encounters of the Third Kind $7.99

Moon $8.99
Old 12-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #478
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Quote:
Streaming is definitely the future, how soon we get there is the real question. I agree with Scott about the viability of pure streaming for collectors, as well as renters. It's in it's infancy right now, but within 5 years it will definitely be a viable option for both IMO. My problem, after the quality issue is solved it the actual ownership of the material. I always get nervous about owning digital materials. There's always the issue of having studios mess with your "ownership" of the product, which is not an issue when you have a tangible item. If I can buy a movie, with the ultimate quality in sound and picture, and not have any issues about ownership of the movie, then I am totally onboard.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #479
Marvelito

Quote:
@ amazon:

Ghostbusters $6.99

Close Encounters of the Third Kind $7.99

Moon $8.99
I own half of the previous list you posted, and the only one I don't own from these three is Moon. Like I've said before, I think I own everything worth owning from these sales nowadays. I may have to get Moon though, great movie at a great price!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #480
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Moon IS a great film. I bought a copy a while back for $15.