Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Anyweightlifters or bodybuilders on the forum?

Hey guys

Was bored and just curious to see who lifts and what your lifts are.. If you bodybuild, powerlift, or just straight up lift and don't care how much you lift. I personally love powerlifting but also love bodybuilding so I go for the best of both worlds.. I'd love to hear your input.

My bench is 390 and squat is 365 I don't deadlift anymore due to fear of slipping a disk or popping a hernia.. And yes I know that my squat is supposed to be heavier but my chest has always been my strong point haha.. So yea who else is a gym nut?
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

How old are you? Deadlifting is nuts. I'm a smaller guy, so I never did it.. but I have friends that are built like trucks (most of them Marines, go figure) that partake.

I did circuit weights in college, but... more of a surf bum than a gym one. I applaud your effort, though... just be careful, bro.

.. when I go to a gym these days, it's for their rowing machine or the sauna.

I know there's powerlifters on here.. we've shot the breeze before.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

i've done 2 bodybuilding shows (2009, 2010). Been training 5-6 days a week for the past 7 years (aside from brief periods of rest).

Sadly sorta damaged my left knee (outside the gym) so that has all but killed my leg workouts for the most part and since the injury I've given up the idea of competing again (since I'll never get my musculature back to where it was with the injury since i can't lift heavy anymore)
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
How old are you? Deadlifting is nuts. I'm a smaller guy, so I never did it.. but I have friends that are built like trucks (most of them Marines, go figure) that partake.

I did circuit weights in college, but... more of a surf bum than a gym one. I applaud your effort, though... just be careful, bro.

.. when I go to a gym these days, it's for their rowing machine or the sauna.

I know there's powerlifters on here.. we've shot the breeze before.
I'm gonna be 25 in May... Yea it's a good exercise for a lot of muscles but I tweaked my back too many times doing it so I stopped. Surfing is an excellent exercise itself and yea marines are usually real solid dudes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i've done 2 bodybuilding shows (2009, 2010). Been training 5-6 days a week for the past 7 years (aside from brief periods of rest).

Sadly sorta damaged my left knee (outside the gym) so that has all but killed my leg workouts for the most part and since the injury I've given up the idea of competing again (since I'll never get my musculature back to where it was with the injury since i can't lift heavy anymore)
I'm sorry to hear that man... knees and shoulders are the achilles heal of weightlifting in my opinion. the guys at my gym said doing shows is like crack to them.. an "experience unlike any" in their own words. How did you do at the shows? Also what weight class did you do?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
uvajosh69
U talkin' to me?

I lift probably 4 days a week on average. I don't max out anymore, but I can probably do 12 reps or so at 225 on the flat bench. I don't free squat anymore. I stick to leg press and hack squat
uvajosh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvajosh69 View Post
I lift probably 4 days a week on average. I don't max out anymore, but I can probably do 12 reps or so at 225 on the flat bench. I don't free squat anymore. I stick to leg press and hack squat
Nicee man.. Hack squats are brutall but so good.. Really build up the quads
Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man... knees and shoulders are the achilles heal of weightlifting in my opinion. the guys at my gym said doing shows is like crack to them.. an "experience unlike any" in their own words. How did you do at the shows? Also what weight class did you do?
first show competed at 172 lbs (middleweight)...placed 7th out of 11

second show competed at 180 (light-heavy)...placed 5th out of 14

I loved competing but am content with putting it behind me. Massive dedication for months on end basically turned the idea of competing into a 24/7 drive. I'll never forget going to a restaurant with a food scale so I can eat my proper portions...the looks I got from people as I'm weighing chicken breasts on the table

I'm at a comfy 195 lbs now and feel its my optimal weight
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
first show competed at 172 lbs (middleweight)...placed 7th out of 11

second show competed at 180 (light-heavy)...placed 5th out of 14

I loved competing but am content with putting it behind me. Massive dedication for months on end basically turned the idea of competing into a 24/7 drive. I'll never forget going to a restaurant with a food scale so I can eat my proper portions...the looks I got from people as I'm weighing chicken breasts on the table

I'm at a comfy 195 lbs now and feel its my optimal weight
Haha yea I hear you.. 195 is a good weight man.. I just don't have the balls to get up there in front of all those people.. Good stuff though
Old 03-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
Haha yea I hear you.. 195 is a good weight man.. I just don't have the balls to get up there in front of all those people.. Good stuff though
I used to be terrified of getting up in front of people when I was younger...but trust me...when you get up on stage in a speedo in front of 200+ people nothing will ever scare you again