Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Ive worked out on and off most of my life, the longest period was for 10 months, but I started doing construction with my father when I was 15 before I went into design and ended up with a really solid bone structure, so even when Im not training I keep the mass, my problem is the shredding as Ive never done it, the least Ive been body fat wise is 13.5% and I have no idea how to beat it.

Im a gym freak when I go there, so its hard to stick to cardio when I hear that familiar clink of the weights hitting the bar :-)

I dont know my one rep max as I train by myself so the most I ever get up to on the bar comfortably is 4 sets of 10 with 10 second rest periods to change weights, and thats at (in lbs) 132lbs inc. bar, then 220lbs for 10 reps, 264lbs for 10 reps and ultimately 352lbs for 6-10 reps, although I have to have been training for a couple of weeks straight to hit that last 4 reps for sure.

Thats the only one I know as I always hit around that, Id love to see what my 1 rep max is, but without a spot Id have no confidence going higher than that.

Ive always been different to my friends though, they go to get big and strong, I was lucky enough to have that from my dad's genetics, but cutting up Im just at a loss which is a big confidence hit - bigger than Thor but too daft to take his shirt off at the beach because I dont have the cut. Lame :-)

The lowest bodyweight I got down to in years was 14stone (196lbs) and that was because I was on a diet of strawberries and tuna (and the occasional pizza!) travelling round brazil for 3 months backpacking, and even though I still had about 17" arms, I was considered very small and 'gaunt' for how I used to look.

I also did a marathon 2 years back at 241lbs in 5 and a half hours, which was amazing for me but made me realise at that size it wasnt recommended to pursue a running hobby! Im doing a 100km walk for charity in May with my fiancee though so another reason why I need to shed fat as quickly as possible.

Oh and Im 6 ft 1 and 276lbs but DEFINITELY need to shred at least a couple stone to look right for my wedding in June. Ive started the Insanity 60 day program with one full meal and about 4 protein shakes with egg whites, bananas and porridge oats and just finished day 5. I hate cardio and its intense, but it gets me away from the heavy weights. Having said that, before I started this program, I was hitting the weights for a month and after 32 years managed to get hit the 20" mark on the tape measure for my biceps which I remain proud of, now I just need to get them at 10%!!

Any tips on cutting up would be awesome brothers, never too late to learn new tricks!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Colossal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I've been working out for almost 30 years (weights and cardio). When I began, I had two physique ideals in mind, both from the movies: Schwarzenegger from Conan The Barbarian, and Marc Singer from The Beastmaster. As I learned more and realized all the "assistance" I'd need to look like Conan, I quickly put that dream away. So, I've focused more on aesthetics and all-around fitness. I don't look quite like Dar, but I'm close.
Conan's always been an inspiration to me, even though he had to LOSE muscle to get into that shape for the sword fighting which I just find insane (he was a beast competing) - but the one that gets me, is the intro to Commando, with Arnie stretching that bicep bulge lifting a tree log! Hercules, Hercules!

Love Dar from Beastmaster although it hit me hard seeing him in one of the sequels, I think it was Beastmaster III, he had the definition still but looked like a deflated version of his Beastmaster youth, but hey, it gets us all right, still impressive for his age. You look at Stallone, Van Damme, Lundgren, they look phenomenal for their age so if you can look that good, be fit and healthy at that age, you're chosen the right path!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I've been working out for almost 30 years (weights and cardio). When I began, I had two physique ideals in mind, both from the movies: Schwarzenegger from Conan The Barbarian, and Marc Singer from The Beastmaster. As I learned more and realized all the "assistance" I'd need to look like Conan, I quickly put that dream away. So, I've focused more on aesthetics and all-around fitness. I don't look quite like Dar, but I'm close.
Yea man Schwarzenegger had and in my opinion still has the best arms and chest to date.. I hear aesthetics are really good
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Ive worked out on and off most of my life, the longest period was for 10 months, but I started doing construction with my father when I was 15 before I went into design and ended up with a really solid bone structure, so even when Im not training I keep the mass, my problem is the shredding as Ive never done it, the least Ive been body fat wise is 13.5% and I have no idea how to beat it.

Im a gym freak when I go there, so its hard to stick to cardio when I hear that familiar clink of the weights hitting the bar :-)

I dont know my one rep max as I train by myself so the most I ever get up to on the bar comfortably is 4 sets of 10 with 10 second rest periods to change weights, and thats at (in lbs) 132lbs inc. bar, then 220lbs for 10 reps, 264lbs for 10 reps and ultimately 352lbs for 6-10 reps, although I have to have been training for a couple of weeks straight to hit that last 4 reps for sure.Thats the only one I know as I always hit around that, Id love to see what my 1 rep max is, but without a spot Id have no confidence going higher than that.

Ive always been different to my friends though, they go to get big and strong, I was lucky enough to have that from my dad's genetics, but cutting up Im just at a loss which is a big confidence hit - bigger than Thor but too daft to take his shirt off at the beach because I dont have the cut. Lame :-)

The lowest bodyweight I got down to in years was 14stone (196lbs) and that was because I was on a diet of strawberries and tuna (and the occasional pizza!) travelling round brazil for 3 months backpacking, and even though I still had about 17" arms, I was considered very small and 'gaunt' for how I used to look.

I also did a marathon 2 years back at 241lbs in 5 and a half hours, which was amazing for me but made me realise at that size it wasnt recommended to pursue a running hobby! Im doing a 100km walk for charity in May with my fiancee though so another reason why I need to shed fat as quickly as possible.

Oh and Im 6 ft 1 and 276lbs but DEFINITELY need to shred at least a couple stone to look right for my wedding in June. Ive started the Insanity 60 day program with one full meal and about 4 protein shakes with egg whites, bananas and porridge oats and just finished day 5. I hate cardio and its intense, but it gets me away from the heavy weights. Having said that, before I started this program, I was hitting the weights for a month and after 32 years managed to get hit the 20" mark on the tape measure for my biceps which I remain proud of, now I just need to get them at 10%!!

Any tips on cutting up would be awesome brothers, never too late to learn new tricks!
that's excellent man! you're definately in the 400 class with those reps and weight
Old 04-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
Colossal

Sorry snikt, 400 class, you mean being able to do a 1 rep max over 400lbs? How do you even test yourself for your 1 rep best, do you have a partner and then incrementally add weight to one lift down to the chest and back up, until failure?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Love Dar from Beastmaster although it hit me hard seeing him in one of the sequels, I think it was Beastmaster III, he had the definition still but looked like a deflated version of his Beastmaster youth, but hey, it gets us all right, still impressive for his age. You look at Stallone, Van Damme, Lundgren, they look phenomenal for their age so if you can look that good, be fit and healthy at that age, you're chosen the right path!
Hah, I had the same thoughts on his appearance.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
SNIKT

Double post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #28
SNIKT

Quote:
Sorry snikt, 400 class, you mean being able to do a 1 rep max over 400lbs? How do you even test yourself for your 1 rep best, do you have a partner and then incrementally add weight to one lift down to the chest and back up, until failure?

Yea I mean being able to do at least one rep of 400 pounds.. I highly recommend having a spotter .. Im lucky enough to have a workout partner but they aren't easy to come by.. Yea what you can do is have a 12 week program and start with more reps say 10 at 70% of what you think your max is and each week cut your reps down by 1 or 2 but increase the percentage of as the weeks continue so by the twelfth week you're going for 1 rep at 100% of what you think your max is.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hey guys does anyone have a good nutrition plan for leaning but maintaining muscle mass? I'm up to 250 now 6ft with body fat down to 17% but still don't have those ab cuts. I don't want to lose too much muscle but would like to try to achieve a 6 pack by summer. So any advice is welcome.

Right now I work out 4-5 times a week, I usually incorporate some cardio in the week but nothing major as I find that it wears me down too much for the weight part of my routine. I usually focus on one muscle group (heavy reps, 5-12 reps) a day and an overall the last day with low weight high reps. I can push out 3 reps of 400 pounds without an assist (although I keep my buddy handy just in case)

And I think that pretty much sums it up, oh and my eating habits aren't horrible although I can't seem to stay away from Pizza for too long, don't have a sweet tooth though so that's good.
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #30
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Drifter View Post
Hey guys does anyone have a good nutrition plan for leaning but maintaining muscle mass? I'm up to 250 now 6ft with body fat down to 17% but still don't have those ab cuts. I don't want to lose too much muscle but would like to try to achieve a 6 pack by summer. So any advice is welcome.

Right now I work out 4-5 times a week, I usually incorporate some cardio in the week but nothing major as I find that it wears me down too much for the weight part of my routine. I usually focus on one muscle group (heavy reps, 5-12 reps) a day and an overall the last day with low weight high reps. I can push out 3 reps of 400 pounds without an assist (although I keep my buddy handy just in case)

And I think that pretty much sums it up, oh and my eating habits aren't horrible although I can't seem to stay away from Pizza for too long, don't have a sweet tooth though so that's good.
damn another strong ass dude here.. I am definately the wrong person to ask because I eat whatever I want but maybe limiting yourself to less carbs would be a good start.... eating wheat pasta would be a good replacement (if you can bare the taste)