Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-09-2015, 02:22 AM   #711
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Bryan: You had mentioned that XM was considering making mini-stands to hold all the extra heads/switchouts. i.e. Black Widow and Classic Ironman. I thought that was a great idea and I hope you guys are still going through with it.
Hey Cali604, yes it's a cool idea but the costs are rather prohibitive, especially in terms of creating a larger box to accommodate the extra bust. Instead, we are focusing more on the base or switch out parts. We did think about a simple non bust, head sculpt stand which is more space efficient and allows collectors to display the alternate heads but because all heads have different sizes (hair etc) this requires more engineering. Will continue to try things out and post updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Bryan, can you please tell us whether Doc Ock will have bendable arms or not? I know a lot of us are waiting to decide whether to buy based on this decision. Just don't see how its displayable in current form. thanks
Hi MuppetMad, we would love bendable and are testing the possibilities at the moment with the engineering team. But our priority is to ensure the material is durable and not vulnerable to wear and tear/cracks over time while keeping close to art & design. Once I get any news on this, I'll post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Why do I get the feeling XM is extremely busy right now?
Yeah there are a couple of events, the next one is Macau over Xmas (24th to 27th Dec 2015) plus I'm getting married this Sat (tomorrow!) so that hasn't helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Was the new Captain America an actual printed sculpt or was it just a 3d computer image? I thought it was just a 3d image.

Also don't forget that XM said awhile back that they won't be able to be so forthcoming with updates like they were in the past, I believe that was one of the stipulations with Marvel/Disney license.

So I doubt anyone really knows how far along they are with any of the announced pieces....
Yup... certain stuff we can't be as cowboys as we want to. Gotta play by the rules. The New Capt shown is a 3D image not printed yet and has been developing long time back.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:57 AM   #712
built2shred
Phoenix

Hey Shorudan, CONGRATS !!!!! on getting married.... So where's the bachelor party ?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:04 AM   #713
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Lol I had like the most docile bachelor party ever. A pizza, a cake and then off home to play some geeky online game. I totally should get a part to play in the Big Bang Theory.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:08 AM   #714
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Shroudan,
Pearlthunder is making a custom 1:4 Iron Spidey and the spider-arms on his back are done with a semi-elastic but very durable material, he did some tests and some cool videos showing the stability of the piece (it's mighty impressive and the guy is a genius, btw).
I know you had him make the 1:4 busts so you probably already know about this, but might worth to look into something similar for Octopus. Just throwing the idea around.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:22 AM   #715
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Thanks Mule! We'll check it out!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:24 AM   #716
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Lol I had like the most docile bachelor party ever. A pizza, a cake and then off home to play some geeky online game. I totally should get a part to play in the Big Bang Theory.
Ah so you had the Sheldon themed Bachelor Party

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #717
Thor57
Teen Titans

Congrats on your soon to be vows Bryan!

Welcome to a life of being told why you're wrong. I welcome you brother!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #718
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Huge Congrats on the nuptials!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Congrats on your soon to be vows Bryan!

Welcome to a life of being told why you're wrong. I welcome you brother!
To be fair, I'm sure long before they were engaged she had told him he was wrong. Numerous times. And she was right. Numerous times.

I know Mike is well aware that I am 97% right (3%is still up for debate if I'm wrong or not) and we aren't married
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #719
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Practice this head nod movement whenever they speak and you will be alright. Put some wi-fi earbuds (the inner ear kind) in as well while they rant.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #720
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Practice this head nod movement whenever they speak and you will be alright. Put some wi-fi earbuds (the inner ear kind) in as well while they rant.

HAHA...I don't know how many times my wife told me "I just told you that last week...weren't you listening?" ...I guess my built in noise filtration working as designed
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote