Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #311
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I have no connection to this Batman so the choice is easy. I get that it's a well sculpted eye catching piece full of detail, but at this scale and prices all choices have to be thought and then rethought.

Unlike scales 1/4 and smaller, its a slippery slope to get things that just "look cool" in 1/3 scale. I'll say if this piece would have made such an impression on me not knowing anything about the source material that I just had to have it, I would have gotten the exclusive. If I'm gonna get Batman and gore not knowing anything about it then I want all of it.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #312
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The Exclusive is usually easier to offload if the time comes. But it wouldn't exactly be an investment.

Especially given that Prime 1 pieces aren't exactly known to appreciate in value.

This is like a personal art piece, and should be treated as one. Which once you buy it you keep it for life, because it may not have any value to anyone else.
In this case, given that the exclusive is a whole other statue, it might be a slightly different story. At least, if the Damian statue is packaged separately, I can see people selling it for more than $200.

Otherwise, I'd expect to take at least a $300 hit on any P1 statue if trying to sell it later on. That's at least what I'm looking at as a cost of ownership. I certainly don't buy them to flip (which would be insane), but I'm sure they'll all go at some point (my kids aren't going to want these passed down).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I have no connection to this Batman so the choice is easy. I get that it's a well sculpted eye catching piece full of detail, but at this scale and prices all choices have to be thought and then rethought.

Unlike scales 1/4 and smaller, its a slippery slope to get things that just "look cool" in 1/3 scale. I'll say if this piece would have made such an impression on me not knowing anything about the source material that I just had to have it, I would have gotten the exclusive. If I'm gonna get Batman and gore not knowing anything about it then I want all of it.
I feel the same way... almost. I KNOW I should not get this and don't know where I'd put it. It is one of the coolest statues I've seen, so passing it by seems nearly impossible for me. I do WISH I had a connection to the character. He is part of an event where his look was the coolest part of that event - otherwise, I had a lukewarm reaction to the whole "Metal" event. But, he's still around! By the time this actually ships, maybe he will be part of some material I am more into.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #313
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I feel the same way... almost. I KNOW I should not get this and don't know where I'd put it. It is one of the coolest statues I've seen, so passing it by seems nearly impossible for me. I do WISH I had a connection to the character. He is part of an event where his look was the coolest part of that event - otherwise, I had a lukewarm reaction to the whole "Metal" event. But, he's still around! By the time this actually ships, maybe he will be part of some material I am more into.
Lots of red flags there for me brother but I understand the passion for collecting.

Lobo is as gory/edgy as I am ready to go in my DC collection. Batman Who Laughs just doesn't fit no matter how good it looks. In contrast, Knightfall Batman is something I grew up with while actively reading comics every week in high school. It's an overall less impressive statue than this one, but the connection is there to put it on my list to possibly spend the money on.

Again, congrats to all that picked this one up.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #314
nearmint
Phoenix

Yep, I'm going to appreciate this one from afar.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #315
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
In this case, given that the exclusive is a whole other statue, it might be a slightly different story. At least, if the Damian statue is packaged separately, I can see people selling it for more than $200.

Otherwise, I'd expect to take at least a $300 hit on any P1 statue if trying to sell it later on. That's at least what I'm looking at as a cost of ownership. I certainly don't buy them to flip (which would be insane), but I'm sure they'll all go at some point (my kids aren't going to want these passed down).

I'm never passing on my collection. They're going to be buried with me!

Anyway by the time I pass on, I'll have so many I'll need a mausoleum to house them all in
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #316
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

One of the most impressive statues ever and probably the statue of the year when it comes out in my opinion. Prime 1 keeps killing it!

I´m really considering buying it, the character and it´s story are great, and I love his design. I feel like the character will keep being used in the future, since it was a very big sucess in comics. I will keep thinking about it to see if it´s not just an impulsive buy on my part, but I will be keeping a very close eye on it.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #317
Python
Omega Red

Nice to see this seemingly selling so well. It deserves it...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #318
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Nice to see this seemingly selling so well. It deserves it...
It does indeed.

It's certainly a jaw dropper.

I have no connection or space for this masterpiece. As the last statue I bought on impulse was the Hush Ivy, where I at least knew something of the character, even though I never thought I would ever buy a statue of her. But I just couldn't help myself when I saw the photos and videos of her.

Prime 1 will be the end of all of us!
Old 08-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #319
qz33
Doctor Doom

Is the EX on Sideshow?
Any link if so?

EDIT so they did this one a bit differently and seem to be hiding the exclusive.

EX https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-903780/
Reg https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-903893/

When I chatted and asked for the link to the EX the rep said :
"We had it up for pre-order yesterday but it has already been waitlisted
you can join the waitlist for the exclusive while also placing a pre-order for the collector edition though!
and if your reservation converts, we can just swap out the order and upgrade it "
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #320
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Is the EX on Sideshow?
Any link if so?
It's on waitlist.

Go back a few pages to find out how fast it went.