Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #51
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Well.... @*&$ now that's all I can see hahaha!

I don't know how I never noticed that before. I really only skipped that rogue because I'm fairly new to collecting and missed the EX and i just have a hard time picturing rogue with straight hair. I'm also not sure if I like mixed media. Don't have any, haven't heard great things.

I'm really excited to see the full reveal. Then we'll see if XM takes more of my money or not (if you are a gambler, I'd bet yes lol).
HAHAHA - welcome to the world of seeing Ms. Jolie She is a beautiful woman, just not "Rogue" to me.
As for her hair, Rogue does have straighter hair in the comics now. Most people just associate her with the 80s/90s curly perm hair. As a woman who changes her hairstyle, it doesn't bother me how Rogue wears it, I just like it to match the costume genre.

As for mixed media - don't let it dissuade you from getting a statue you enjoy. I have a couple of statues that I have had on display for years with mixed media capes. The capes are still in great condition. Full body suits seem to have more issues, but some are perfect. It's also possible if you like the sculpt to have the piece painted because the sculpt is still there under the fabric.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #52
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
HAHAHA - welcome to the world of seeing Ms. Jolie She is a beautiful woman, just not "Rogue" to me.
As for her hair, Rogue does have straighter hair in the comics now. Most people just associate her with the 80s/90s curly perm hair. As a woman who changes her hairstyle, it doesn't bother me how Rogue wears it, I just like it to match the costume genre.

As for mixed media - don't let it dissuade you from getting a statue you enjoy. I have a couple of statues that I have had on display for years with mixed media capes. The capes are still in great condition. Full body suits seem to have more issues, but some are perfect. It's also possible if you like the sculpt to have the piece painted because the sculpt is still there under the fabric.
Thanks for the advice. I'm not completely opposed to it, I just worry due to so many complaints I've seen. Right now, if I really like it then I usually end up pulling the trigger. I'm doing my best to stick to one line (X-men), though I broke down and got XM Thanos because he's my favorite villain and I just love that sculpt

Now, the long wait until we see the full reveal, and another long wait for PO window LOL!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #53
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
If it's savage land... Cool. People will be happy and I'll pass. All good.
Same here. I know, sex sells but i don't buy a half-naked Rogue.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #54
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Smoking advertisements have been banned in this country for decades now. No way can you have comic characters smoking in current issues that are intended for youth.

Overall, I feel people are really too afraid of potential censorship coming from Disney owned properties. Just because they don't want to show characters smoking doesn't automatically translate to a declawed Wolverine. Disney owns a fair amount of properties that push the edge with their content, both TV and film. They are in the business to make money, not all of their content is going to be kid friendly. FX and FXX sure as hell are not. Ever watch Handmaids Tale? That is certain not kid friendly or painting a rosey picture.

Sorry for the derail
I said going back, meaning removing cigars from old comics. Just like they are removing nudity and language from 80s and 90s movies we all loved. It's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Same here. I know, sex sells but i don't buy a half-naked Rogue.
Agreed. I love a sexy statue, but I have to feel comfortable displaying it. Must be somewhat tasteful.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #55
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Agreed. I love a sexy statue, but I have to feel comfortable displaying it. Must be somewhat tasteful.
That's why I don't order Sideshow Dejah Thoris either.
Almost naked woman in a thinking pose on the sofa. No thanks.
For me, Dejah is a warrior princess and not a courtesan.
Absolute nogo. And I would love to have a Dejah Thoris
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:25 PM   #56
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope she'll have tons of switch outs to show her absorbing skills..

cyclops optic blast
psylocke psyblade
wolverine claws
gambit kinetic cards
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:09 PM   #57
built2shred
Phoenix

Me want savage

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:18 PM   #58
Formula009
Birdman

I’ll be happy if this is her modern costume or the classic Jim lee.... hopefully she has gloved and un-gloves option (one hand holding her removed glove) .... I’m so ready for her.
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:58 PM   #59
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Me want savage

Well if they do a SL Rogue then they’ll have to do a SL Storm because I’ll need both.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:21 AM   #60
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Me want savage

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I don't see anything sexual here. #familyfriendlyrogue #makeminesavage!
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote