Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-07-2020, 04:27 PM   #331
danhatt
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
One trick I have been using it so rub some wd-40 on all the pegs on my statues before assembly. It does wonders!
Thanks so much for the tip ambasah. I will try the wd-40 and see if that helps the statue settle.

I am sorry to hear that the sword ring gave you some trouble as well. I kept searching the boxes to see if I had missed a magnet or a connecting piece. I finally figured it out after searching early posts to find links to videos of the demos at shows. Even after figuring out what I needed to do, I had a bear of a time getting it unclasped.
danhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #332
dr_vasanth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Smile Hawkman (Open & Closed Wings) Statue by Iron Studios Prime Scale 1:3 statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Any update on your situation? I ordered mine thru SpecFiction and am curious just in case mine has similar issues.
I had also ordered mine through Speculative Fiction Collectibles. That guy's Customer Service rocks!! My first encounter with this statue was an absolute disaster, having received a broken piece. Got that returned without any hassles and got my replacement. Second time's a charm - Absolutely perfect!! None of the previously encountered issues..no breakages, wings fit perfectly, no gaps anywhere including between the foot-peg and it's base, no issues with putting the sword through it's clasp, etc. Doesn't take away from the poor engineering that has been well-documented on this forum though. I am just going to be very careful and super-selective in swapping the wings out - it'll turn out to be quite the production, I am sure. But, for what whatever it is worth, I can live with that (relative) restriction, given what a Stunner this one is! Oh well..nothing is perfect, but this one could've been, if not for that accursed engineering issue.
dr_vasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #333
Sjb
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Received my Hawkman while I was away on vacation. Was nice to come home and have it waiting. A couple issues with the head. One of the wings from the helmet was detached, but should be able to be glued back. Also, a small tip from one of the helmet wings was broken. Also should be able to be glued. I had a real hard time getting the wings on His back in and was afraid I would break it based on some of the posts I’ve seen. Had to do some light filing to get one to fit. Anyway, after all that, the statue looks great. It is my 6th 1/3 scale statue, and in my opinion outshines the other five, which are all from Prime One. I have contacted Iron Studios to see what they will do about the broken parts.

Sorry about the nad attachment... couldn’t figure out how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5383A820-0BF2-4798-87F9-90E912F92848.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	129495  
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:00 AM   #334
Mac Collections
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Iron Studios Hawman down!

Received this guy broken right out of the box! Not a good feeling this being my first Iron Studios piece. Longevity issues might be a serious problem with this piece!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FC94B0BC-6DA1-4800-8DA0-33FDE7FCA304.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	276.5 KB
ID:	129685   Click image for larger version

Name:	64531C3D-3977-4480-9755-0811377A1FFB.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	129686   Click image for larger version

Name:	90B89580-EA21-4F5D-A5E4-209020025EC5.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	129687   Click image for larger version

Name:	1E7AC2F5-51C1-436F-9441-C5AE6E9BEB98.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	129688  
Mac Collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #335
danhatt
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Collections View Post
Received this guy broken right out of the box! Not a good feeling this being my first Iron Studios piece. Longevity issues might be a serious problem with this piece!
Sorry to see that you received a broken Hawkman. It is a pretty big disappointment to receive a busted statue. Seeing a sole leg floating around the box had to cause a sinking feeling. I caught your YouTube video and got a kick out the Superman clip you used in expressing your disappointment. I hope Iron Studios comes through with a more solid replacement.
danhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:10 AM   #336
Dal
Doh!

Hey Mac,
I was notified mine had arrived a couple days after I watched your unboxing video on this one.. Sick to my stomach afterward.. lol. I also got the opened/closed wing. Purchased mine from SC in CO. Knowing how far the two boxes had to travel to get there, I anxiously watched with dread on the detailed UPS delivery route from CO to San Diego CA.. I counted both arrival and departure scan as being handled twice. I counted at least 14 times they must have been handled loaded and unloaded between CO and San Diego. Boxes had obviously been opened some where in the process prior to arrival. Shipping box was banged up and I could see a good amount of art box inside. Loose pieces rattling around inside wasn't a good start. Base and folded wings were just sitting in styrofoam. Neither were wrapped in tissue and plastic bags were gone completely. Wings were fine, but three of the fleur de lis were broken from around the base. Opening the second box, plastic and wrapping in place, except Hawkman's body had been removed from wrapping. First thing I did was look at the back anchor leg below the knee. No damage! YES! then I notice his bent leg looked a little awkward.. yep.. left leg snapped right at the bend. Armor at the top of the boot was broken in three separate pieces.. lot's of little broken
pieces around the break as well. I was kind of shocked when I saw yours.. I wasn't expecting it to be a solid piece, but that being said... a little thicker might have been a forethought. Even though the wings are light, engineering definitely could be an issue anytime its moved. Other than that it's a freakin impressive work of art! Hopefully Iron Studios will make it right for us both.
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #337
ambasah
Red Skull

so sorry to hear about all the damage guys. I always hold my breath if a statue is opened by customs...they almost never put care into repacking it.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:15 AM   #338
Atrana23
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Congrats on a great piece for those without issues! Really is incredible in person. If anyone is willing to part with one or both open wings please reach out. The wing only. I'm loving the one open and one closed concept. I have the closed wing version which is incredible but wouldn't mind the variety. Thanks.
Atrana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #339
myskye23
Hellboy

I'm wondering if anyone here has just the base they want to sell, in case they got an extra one as a replacement and didn't fully destroy. Thank you in advance.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:07 AM   #340
Stickyrice737
Doh!

In the market for the open wings if anyone decides to sell theirs. Can pay up to $300 plus shipping for them. I have the closed wings only version.
Stickyrice737 is offline   Reply With Quote