Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #21
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well I finished chapter 6 and part 1 of the epilogue. But even without having completed the epilogue and in turn the ENTIRE game... It is in my top 5 of all time. It is absolute gaming perfection.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #22
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
76 is a ton of fun, don't believe all the hate. I've been having way more fun in 76 than I did with Red Dead 2.

I enjoyed the game, and it has some really great characters and moments but I thought the story was ridiculously weak. it pretty much boils down to the same chorus repeated for 5 verses.

1. Get to new camp
2. Dutch has a plan at town near said new camp
3. Dutch's plan is stupid and backfires.
4. Flea new camp
5. Repeat.

I do think them forcing it to be a prequel hurt as we know exactly where it's going, and the fact that they chose to make John almost exclusively the one in "danger" was a really dumb decision. How many times did he get captured or "killed" in the story?

I suppose it's been out long enough now and this is hardly an active thread, but i'll still hold off on actual spoilers for a bit longer unless one of you gentlemen wants to have a more detailed discussion.
Missed your post initially but man I gotta disagree on the story. The 5 points you mentioned have more to do with gameplay than story. Like any open world role playing game there is going to be some repetition/grinding involved to keep the narrative & gameplay flowing. What kept it fresh for me were the underlying ulterior motives of the characters. So many things transpire that have an affect on the final outcome. A lot of which you don’t recognize initially. None of it felt as predictable as your average game to me. Many of the twist and turns and most of the key character deaths caught me off guard. I genuinely cared about a lot of these characters too. That’s rare in a video game, for me anyways.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #23
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Missed your post initially but man I gotta disagree on the story. The 5 points you mentioned have more to do with gameplay than story. Like any open world role playing game there is going to be some repetition/grinding involved to keep the narrative & gameplay flowing. What kept it fresh for me were the underlying ulterior motives of the characters. So many things transpire that have an affect on the final outcome. A lot of which you don’t recognize initially. None of it felt as predictable as your average game to me. Many of the twist and turns and most of the key character deaths caught me off guard. I genuinely cared about a lot of these characters too. That’s rare in a video game, for me anyways.
Agreed! I don't think I had ever been so emotionally attached to video game characters.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:34 AM   #24
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I’m taking my sweet time lol. I’m in chapter three and I’m 47% done with my total game completion. Gotta go for those achievements
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:05 PM   #25
Mister H
Green Goblin

My wife bought this for me for a stocking stuffer. Can't wait to try it out over the break, love the open world stuff. I just finished The Outer Worlds and it's a fun game but not nearly the game Fallout 4 is. I also picked out Zombieland.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:50 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

I just bought this on STEAM, I'm hoping it's not full of bugs
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:24 PM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My husband is getting this as a Christmas present for PS4. I'm sure he will be happy since we are wrapping up Borderlands 3.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote