Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

» Spotlight
DGK Tweeterhead Batman Exclusive DGK Diamond Select Premier Black Panther Statue DGK Kotobukiya ArtFX Spiderman & Venom 1:6 Statues Comic Soon:
Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #281
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Cook & Becker actually printed the Gamescom print this year . Not in the super high-end quality we do with our own, but still as top notch as can be for the price
Got a link for that?
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 AM   #282
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps
 
s_paulik87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,700
Gryph still hasn't shipped? What gives?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #283
Reptilio93
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 30
If anyone has an extra gryphon rider print from the Blizzard Fine Art Gallery please let me know!

Also I've been eyeing some cook and becker stuff, and while I LOVE the art work they have, they seem extremely overpriced vs the Fine Art Gallery from Blizzard. Is it something different with production or final result? Not bashing them at all but genuinely curious the decision making behind the pricing.
Reptilio93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #284
littlethings10
Doh!
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
https://www.cookandbecker.com/en/art...66/bungie.html

Here have some licensed "world of warcraft" & other videogame art print for sale...go check if interest
littlethings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #285
Drakul
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
Drakul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 731
I got the Firelord on ebay after your advices and it's gorgeous!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #286
eternalblue02
The X-Men
 
eternalblue02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Clinton CT
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I got the Firelord on ebay after your advices and it's gorgeous!
Congrats!

On another note that Fire Lord print I posted a few pages back that came to me like a dumpster fire was returned. I had to call eBay to force the seller to return payment. I was perusing the Blizzard prints yesterday and low and behold what did I find?
Why it's my mangled Firelord art print. I knew the number looked familiar. Apparently eBay yanked the funds from the sellers account and he needed some quick cash so he sold the damaged print to some sports memorabilia place in his neighborhood and now it's up in all its glory for $100. I love the description. Good luck finding a frame to fix that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2019-B...9ab5%7Ciid%3A1
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #287
CookBeck
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
Got a link for that?
No link other than our Insta page with a picture I shot at Gamescom.
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #288
CookBeck
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
If anyone has an extra gryphon rider print from the Blizzard Fine Art Gallery please let me know!

Also I've been eyeing some cook and becker stuff, and while I LOVE the art work they have, they seem extremely overpriced vs the Fine Art Gallery from Blizzard. Is it something different with production or final result? Not bashing them at all but genuinely curious the decision making behind the pricing.
Hi there, Maarten from C&B here. Our licensed prints are produced at a museum-grade, archival standard with a very high ink density and relatively small edition runs. I assume that makes up a bit of the price difference with the Gear prints, although I don't know who prints Blizzard's art stateside and at what specs so can't really comment on that.

But other than that our prints tend to be made in larger sizes than the ones in the Gear store. For example, our Gryphon Rider variant is larger than the one in the Gear store.

Finally, we have licensing fees to pay that Blizzard themselves do not which make a big difference

But, I guess the only way to tell if you think it's worth it is to see one or our prints in the flesh. I can't remember we ever had a return so we must be doing something right . Plus out of all the companies that have approached Blizzard to work on the very top end of art printing they chose to work with us so we must be doing something right I hope
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #289
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?
 
Blacksunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Hi there, Maarten from C&B here. Our licensed prints are produced at a museum-grade, archival standard with a very high ink density and relatively small edition runs. I assume that makes up a bit of the price difference with the Gear prints, although I don't know who prints Blizzard's art stateside and at what specs so can't really comment on that.

But other than that our prints tend to be made in larger sizes than the ones in the Gear store. For example, our Gryphon Rider variant is larger than the one in the Gear store.

Finally, we have licensing fees to pay that Blizzard themselves do not which make a big difference

But, I guess the only way to tell if you think it's worth it is to see one or our prints in the flesh. I can't remember we ever had a return so we must be doing something right . Plus out of all the companies that have approached Blizzard to work on the very top end of art printing they chose to work with us so we must be doing something right I hope

Having SEVERAL of both the C&B and Blizz prints I can confirm without a doubt the C&B prints are of substantially higher quality...

And the larger size is a plus, imo...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #290
Luminous
Cyclops
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Having SEVERAL of both the C&B and Blizz prints I can confirm without a doubt the C&B prints are of substantially higher quality...

And the larger size is a plus, imo...
I concur.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com