Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #281
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Cook & Becker actually printed the Gamescom print this year . Not in the super high-end quality we do with our own, but still as top notch as can be for the price
Got a link for that?
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:30 AM   #282
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Gryph still hasn't shipped? What gives?
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #283
littlethings10
Doh!

https://www.cookandbecker.com/en/art...66/bungie.html

Here have some licensed "world of warcraft" & other videogame art print for sale...go check if interest
littlethings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #284
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I got the Firelord on ebay after your advices and it's gorgeous!
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #285
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I got the Firelord on ebay after your advices and it's gorgeous!
Congrats!

On another note that Fire Lord print I posted a few pages back that came to me like a dumpster fire was returned. I had to call eBay to force the seller to return payment. I was perusing the Blizzard prints yesterday and low and behold what did I find?
Why it's my mangled Firelord art print. I knew the number looked familiar. Apparently eBay yanked the funds from the sellers account and he needed some quick cash so he sold the damaged print to some sports memorabilia place in his neighborhood and now it's up in all its glory for $100. I love the description. Good luck finding a frame to fix that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2019-B...9ab5%7Ciid%3A1
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #286
CookBeck
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
Got a link for that?
No link other than our Insta page with a picture I shot at Gamescom.
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #287
CookBeck
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
If anyone has an extra gryphon rider print from the Blizzard Fine Art Gallery please let me know!

Also I've been eyeing some cook and becker stuff, and while I LOVE the art work they have, they seem extremely overpriced vs the Fine Art Gallery from Blizzard. Is it something different with production or final result? Not bashing them at all but genuinely curious the decision making behind the pricing.
Hi there, Maarten from C&B here. Our licensed prints are produced at a museum-grade, archival standard with a very high ink density and relatively small edition runs. I assume that makes up a bit of the price difference with the Gear prints, although I don't know who prints Blizzard's art stateside and at what specs so can't really comment on that.

But other than that our prints tend to be made in larger sizes than the ones in the Gear store. For example, our Gryphon Rider variant is larger than the one in the Gear store.

Finally, we have licensing fees to pay that Blizzard themselves do not which make a big difference

But, I guess the only way to tell if you think it's worth it is to see one or our prints in the flesh. I can't remember we ever had a return so we must be doing something right . Plus out of all the companies that have approached Blizzard to work on the very top end of art printing they chose to work with us so we must be doing something right I hope
CookBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #288
Blacksunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookBeck View Post
Hi there, Maarten from C&B here. Our licensed prints are produced at a museum-grade, archival standard with a very high ink density and relatively small edition runs. I assume that makes up a bit of the price difference with the Gear prints, although I don't know who prints Blizzard's art stateside and at what specs so can't really comment on that.

But other than that our prints tend to be made in larger sizes than the ones in the Gear store. For example, our Gryphon Rider variant is larger than the one in the Gear store.

Finally, we have licensing fees to pay that Blizzard themselves do not which make a big difference

But, I guess the only way to tell if you think it's worth it is to see one or our prints in the flesh. I can't remember we ever had a return so we must be doing something right . Plus out of all the companies that have approached Blizzard to work on the very top end of art printing they chose to work with us so we must be doing something right I hope

Having SEVERAL of both the C&B and Blizz prints I can confirm without a doubt the C&B prints are of substantially higher quality...

And the larger size is a plus, imo...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #289
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Having SEVERAL of both the C&B and Blizz prints I can confirm without a doubt the C&B prints are of substantially higher quality...

And the larger size is a plus, imo...
I concur.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #290
Blacksunn

Up Illidan!

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote