Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2019, 05:08 PM   #1551
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Wow I really like the Batman but it does seem like a lot of weight towards one side. Please tell me there's two deep pegs?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #1552
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Wow I really like the Batman but it does seem like a lot of weight towards one side. Please tell me there's two deep pegs?
This will not lean over time. If you have the foot peg and cape installed properly then you will notice that a tip of the cape rests against the horn of the gargoyle. This essentially acts as support and will prevent any movement or "lean" to the right (Batman's left).

XM did a similar design for their comic Thor where a small portion of the cape rests on the base and acts as support.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:39 PM   #1553
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Every time I see Bats, I cringe. What a disappointment from Prime 1.
I thought so too in the beginning but this piece has grown on me a lot.

The new YouTube videos changed it for me.

Old ones didn't do it. Don't know why
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #1554
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
This will not lean over time. If you have the foot peg and cape installed properly then you will notice that a tip of the cape rests against the horn of the gargoyle. This essentially acts as support and will prevent any movement or "lean" to the right (Batman's left).
I don't think that cape is really supposed to be resting on the horn of the gargoyle. On mine, it only does that because the key for the cape and foot don't really fit properly (it isn't "tight" at all and the cape key isn't magnetized). The cape lifts up more from the key hole than it should and the foot hole has enough wiggle room that the figure moves forward. I have been wondering if the design change caused issues - this cape wouldn't have been as much of a problem had the figure been more upright. As it is, gravity isn't really helping that key stay down - it's causing the cape to try and lift the key out of the hole. It's being stopped by the head and the gargoyle horn.

I have seen an unboxing video where the cape isn't even close to resting on the gargoyle head (pictured below). Mine didn't initially touch the horn, but it was never this far away. I pretty much have zero trust that anything is keying in correctly on mine.

Mine:

BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #1555
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Should have mine by around 5pm today.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #1556
Biggunz
Loki

trying to think if this can even been changed on later issues???
was going to just finish the rest of my payments today...but now am thinking

that wiggle does seem a little much
Old 04-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #1557
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

These statues are top-notch, stunning. but I hate the crouching pose on Batman. I despise it.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #1558
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
No lean issue with mine. I've read only a few folks complain about a possible lean, but the overwhelming number of collectors are happy with the piece and have zero lean issues.
thats good to hear. maybe just on a few they got a loose peg hole
Old 04-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #1559
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I don't think that cape is really supposed to be resting on the horn of the gargoyle. On mine, it only does that because the key for the cape and foot don't really fit properly (it isn't "tight" at all and the cape key isn't magnetized). The cape lifts up more from the key hole than it should and the foot hole has enough wiggle room that the figure moves forward. I have been wondering if the design change caused issues - this cape wouldn't have been as much of a problem had the figure been more upright. As it is, gravity isn't really helping that key stay down - it's causing the cape to try and lift the key out of the hole. It's being stopped by the head and the gargoyle horn.

I have seen an unboxing video where the cape isn't even close to resting on the gargoyle head (pictured below). Mine didn't initially touch the horn, but it was never this far away. I pretty much have zero trust that anything is keying in correctly on mine.

Mine:

Wow that broken cape tip is terrible to see. My foot peg is 98% in the key hole and has a tiny bit of wiggle but no where near enough to move it down to the level yours did to break the tip.

Have you contacted prime 1 for answers? Hope it gets fixed.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:13 PM   #1560
myskye23
Hellboy

Looking forward to getting mine today! I've seen everyone's reviews on this and I'm totally excited to get mine. Special Shout Out to MCE, Batman Statue Collector, Mac Collections and Rogues Gallery for their in-depth reviews!
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote