Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:11 PM   #102
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Can anyone else see the irony here?
Unfortunately I can

Like many others here I can complain too much about our pet peeves, and here I’m saying we’re complaining a tad too easily about what I may consider a nitpick, but others may not. But I was speaking more of in general sense.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #103
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

So, what's the general consensus about buying P1 from SS? Just buy direct from P1 from now on? Or does SS have something they can fix where we can continue to buy through them eventually?
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #104
aa909
The Green Hornet

anyone call customer service and ask what the situation is? I've got 3 P1 POs and going to PO the Bermejo Joker. I may PO that directly from P1.

no matter how you cut this it's a sh*t show
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:20 PM   #105
nearmint
Phoenix

I just preordered a P1 piece from Sideshow 2 nights ago. If they’re still accepting preorders, I expect that the relationship remains in place, at least for pieces already offered.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #106
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I just preordered a P1 piece from Sideshow 2 nights ago. If they’re still accepting preorders, I expect that the relationship remains in place, at least for pieces already offered.
Contractually, maybe. However, I suspect both companies are counting the days to the end of that contract and are planning accordingly.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:40 PM   #107
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Contractually, maybe. However, I suspect both companies are counting the days to the end of that contract and are planning accordingly.
Good riddance
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:51 PM   #108
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Considering the high shipping prices that have recently been quoted for P1 pieces from Sideshow as well as the overwhelming increase in notices of replacement supplies running dry for P1 products I'm becoming somewhat hesitant to believe that Sideshow is entirely operating in good faith when it comes to their relationship as of late.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:59 PM   #109
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Considering the high shipping prices that have recently been quoted for P1 pieces from Sideshow as well as the overwhelming increase in notices of replacement supplies running dry for P1 products I'm becoming somewhat hesitant to believe that Sideshow is entirely operating in good faith when it comes to their relationship as of late.
I don’t blame Sideshow for the higher shipping costs. UPS’s new large package surcharge is responsible for that.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:01 PM   #110
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Unfortunately I would recommend for anyone located in the US to now place all their preorders with Prime 1 directly. You’ll still get the piece at the same time with the cheaper and slower shipping option, but my assumption is that replacements will be a bit easier to source if ever required. And even if the shipping is marginally more expensive from Prime 1, I would just swallow the cost for the piece of mind.

Whereas for people like me, I’ll still have to risk preordering through Sideshow as shipping options to Australia from Prime 1 are still quite excessive.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote