Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #91
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I totally understand . After shipping this piece is north of 3K . All I'm asking is give me few shots to see damn thing to decide if I'm spending 3K. A lot of middlemen after one month don't have to return deposits to buyers so if I hate what I see later I'm stuck.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #92
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I totally understand . After shipping this piece is north of 3K . All I'm asking is give me few shots to see damn thing to decide if I'm spending 3K. A lot of middlemen after one month don't have to return deposits to buyers so if I hate what I see later I'm stuck.
But they aren't aloud to. You get that right?? Marvel got tired of leaked concepts so they brought the hammer down and said cut it out... at least to some extent. The poster shown is what XM had clearance to show. Hell the amazing sculptor who made this has posted in this very thread, and as much as I am sure he would like to post more he isn't aloud. So for you I think it is time to either make a leap of faith or just resign yourself to not getting it or paying after market for it, That or you get lucky and XM sees this post and takes pity on us all...lol
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #93
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Then they shouldn't be selling item as PO at events as an exclusive. It's not right
It certainly is their right to sell this way. It is also your right to decline to buy based on a digital image. It will bite them if the printed piece does not align with what they sold it as, especially at the asking price. I would never lay out that kind of cash without seeing pics of the actual product but I would guess there are some that will. Each to their own.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #94
svoboda
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
It certainly is their right to sell this way. It is also your right to decline to buy based on a digital image. It will bite them if the printed piece does not align with what they sold it as, especially at the asking price. I would never lay out that kind of cash without seeing pics of the actual product but I would guess there are some that will. Each to their own.
Agree. Seller can sell a luxury item however they want. Buyer buying discretionary luxury items DON'T NEED to buy. Don't get why people expect they are entitled for things to be fair for them.
svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #95
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Do you guys buy cars without seeing them? It's not an argument this item is supposed to ship Q3 next year we don't have friggin pictures yet. Even with Hulkbuster which I paid for in full we had 3D rendering. Why the secrecy with this piece.

It looks cool but I just need side view to see Hulks full pose and maybe height of hulk would be nice. That's all
Old 10-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #96
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Do you guys buy cars without seeing them? It's not an argument this item is supposed to ship Q3 next year we don't have friggin pictures yet. Even with Hulkbuster which I paid for in full we had 3D rendering. Why the secrecy with this piece.

It looks cool but I just need side view to see Hulks full pose and maybe height of hulk would be nice. That's all
Then I don't know what to tell you. XM sells stuff out based on less then you have for this piece right now. You either take the leap of faith or you don't. Honestly, you act like they owe you something before you order, and in truth they don't. I get what you are saying about buying stuff sight unseen, but that is how XM POs roll. Either you play or you don't... up to you... but they don't owe you anything.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #97
Atheris
The Maxx

Looks amazing in just that one photo. What more you need to see?

I was sold in about 3 seconds. You know the rest will just get better the more they show.

So bite the bullet and pay up.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #98
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:

Actually lots of rich people do this with exotic/super/hyper cars. Most of them purchase cars just based on concepts or mockups without really knowing what the car will look like when it's finally released. That's why a lot of the in-demand exotic cars are sold out way in advance of release date.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #99
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

This thread got off track . Let's dig deep find pictures ok! I've already got PO just want to make sure before I send first deposit on his leg sculpts you know the things not shown in picture
Old 10-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #100
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
This thread got off track . Let's dig deep find pictures ok! I've already got PO just want to make sure before I send first deposit on his leg sculpts you know the things not shown in picture
No more pictures have been released, so there aren't any more to find. If you aren't happy now then wait. Since it's an event exclusive more PO's will become available at each convention (except China). More pictures might have been released by then. But there are no more pictures right now.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote