Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
Potential, i am just worried when they will run out of Jokes... With Bullseye and Deadpool in the main deadpool title ( Hilarious ).. and then Suicide kings ( which i will be gettin in trade )..
Looks like deadpool will be the new wolverine..
I too am waiting for the trade for Suicide Kings. I have not been picking up the other Deadpool book, but will be picking them up in trades as well. However, I do not see both titles lasting as a monthly book. JMO.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #22
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahman View Post
Whatever u say, i think reborn is a whole lot better than Brand new Day... i think i'm gonna give it a shot.. n i wanted steve back so baaad..

No one got Deadpool?? Deadpool, zombies, Cavemen, Zombie Cavemen,sabretooths, Kazaar and Dinosaurs???

Muaro cascioli is brilliant..
Quote:
you guys shd get the Trials of Shazaam vol 1 and 2.. a great origin tale for the new captain marvel !
!
I've always been a Captain Marvel fan but that had to be one of the worst stories i've ever read I don't know anyone who liked it.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Well to me it makes sense that all of those were Steve at different times and his body is in the sea but his mind/spirit is traveling through time that would explain when he was with Thor he couldn't cross over because he was influx.
Brubaker is a great writer but the story did kinda go off track.
What I want to know is what was the whole point of the shooting in the first place?
Now IMO for Steve to come back he's going to need a body so i'm thinking a clone will work seeing how the original body isn't in shape that's were Tony,reed and Hank come in maybe even Zola.
Interesting points about Steve's spirit moving to different versions of his body over time, and Thor even wondered why his spirit hadn't left the mortal plane so this might explain the answer to Thor's query.

As far as Steve's body when he comes back, it appears that the super soldier serum went dormant (or something) after he was shot, since his body went back to his original scrawny state. Perhaps, like what happened after the Green Goblin was killed by his glider, the serum's repairing his body. I guess we'll see.

As for why the Skull had him shot in the first place, we've already been told through Marvel's PR machine that Sin is part of the key to the whole mystery. I have no doubt Brubaker will reveal the Skull's full plan in Reborn.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
Sam's Reviews

Captain America: Reborn #1 (of 5)
Marvel Comics
Written by: Ed Brubaker
Drawn by: Bryan Hitch & Butch Guice
Cover by: Bryan Hitch

...and Steve’s whereabouts are a little complicated to say the least (think “Slaughter House Five”, thanks Ed Brubaker, for the little nod to that in the script)…
Cool point, Sam. Can you fill us in more fully on this reference?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
superdoug
Minister of ROT

As much as I want to like UXM with the Dodsons doing the art, Fraction is making it extremely hard to do so. I agree that the idea of Emma seemingly betraying the team is a solid one; however, the characters are mislabeled in their cutesy introduction boxes (and really, can we just STOP that?), and Fraction has a bad habit of using mutants that aren't technically even IN San Francisco right now! (Karma and Sunspot in the last three issues? Can you not manage to walk down the hall and find out what they're doing in New Mutants? And Sunspot may be a hothead, but he's not going to incite a riot that puts innocent humans at risk.)

I dunno. I'll stick with the story to see how it plays out, but Fraction really needs to stop writing this as if these characters don't have a forty year history. He needs to read something that was published before 1991 to see how these characters are at their core, and coordinate with the other X-Books so he stops looking like a complete ass.

I've yet to be blown away by any UXM issue since the Sisterhood arc started. There's always two or three things that manage to jerk me right out of the story, and they're usually things that could be avoided by doing some simple Q&A research.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
bat_collector
Galactus

And just for the record,

Batman and Robin #2 ROCKED!!!!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #27
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post