Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #211
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
I enjoyed this movie. Not great but solid by all means. MCU fanboys/critics sabotaged this film. X-Men fan all my life, if anyone one here also claims this and bashes this movie....shame on u. 7.5/10
yup!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #212
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I enjoyed this movie. Not great but solid by all means. MCU fanboys/critics sabotaged this film. X-Men fan all my life, if anyone one here also claims this and bashes this movie....shame on u. 7.5/10
Wow, condescending much? Yeah, you're right - shame on anyone who doesn't agree with YOUR opinion. Oh, the shame I feel.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #213
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Which movie did Fox have Mystique lead the X-men? That was the toilet dumper for me. I'm don't mind JLaw as Mystique but there are better actresses who could have played her.
She was (needlessly) front and center in DoFP. But she was shoehorned in the leader role in the very last scene of Apocalypse... a role she sleepwalks through in the first act of Dark Phoenix...

Spoiler
until Jean puts her out of her misery.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #214
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

After watching the film, I also felt a lot of of the reviews on Dark Phoenix were unjustifiably harsh. Was it a great film...no. Was it a suitable end to the Fox X-Men franchise, again no.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #215
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I do not understand how they couldn't even get their own continuity correct. Jean showcased the phoenix powers at the end of Apocalypse. In fact, that is how Apocalypse was defeated. That took place in the early 80s's.

Dark Phoenix takes place at least 10 years later and shows her first coming in contact with the phoenix entity.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #216
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, condescending much? Yeah, you're right - shame on anyone who doesn't agree with YOUR opinion. Oh, the shame I feel.

After the score you gave it. (3/10)Your punishment shall be the same, but backwards through a field, blindfolded.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #217
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
After the score you gave it. (3/10)Your punishment shall be the same, but backwards through a field, blindfolded.
Yes, I did score it quite low because I didn't think it was good. Not because I'm an MCU fanboy (I haven't even seen a few of them, and have disliked a few as well). Nor because I hate Fox movies. Some of my favorite movies are X-Men, X2 (my most favorite), DOFP and the Deadpool films. I also enjoyed First Class and Logan, but not to the extent other people did.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #218
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
I do not understand how they couldn't even get their own continuity correct. Jean showcased the phoenix powers at the end of Apocalypse. In fact, that is how Apocalypse was defeated. That took place in the early 80s's.

Dark Phoenix takes place at least 10 years later and shows her first coming in contact with the phoenix entity.
Continuity isn't a strong part of the X-Men franchise. You almost have to see each film as being in its own separate reality.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #219
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yes, I did score it quite low because I didn't think it was good. Not because I'm an MCU fanboy (I haven't even seen a few of them, and have disliked a few as well). Nor because I hate Fox movies. Some of my favorite movies are X-Men, X2 (my most favorite), DOFP and the Deadpool films. I also enjoyed First Class and Logan, but not to the extent other people did.
Good taste with those above. I thought it was good movie and is getting a bad shake. Don't get me wrong either. I left the theater in a bit of disbelief and sadness. What happens with them now and how long until the reboot? Disney has a clean slate with X-Men and F4, so the future has potential.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #220
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Good taste with those above. I thought it was good movie and is getting a bad shake. Don't get me wrong either. I left the theater in a bit of disbelief and sadness. What happens with them now and how long until the reboot? Disney has a clean slate with X-Men and F4, so the future has potential.
There was good aspects for sure. I enjoyed Sophie Turner, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender's performances.

I didn't like Jessica Chastain at all, and most people on the forum know I hate Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

But either way, it is what it is. I think Logan should have been the Fox finale because it was sort of the perfect send off. But, I'm very excited to see the X-Men in any upcoming MCU movies as well.

One of the biggest things I like about the MCU movies is that, for the most part, they choose actors that really fit the role well as opposed to just casting someone that they think will fill seats.