Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-12-2019, 11:21 AM   #221
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Once introduced, I think X-Men will be the centerpiece of the MCU much in the way the Avengers have been up until now.

Moving forward, I'm just not overly excited for Young, Dark or New Avengers in the way I am for the X-Men.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #222
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post

Moving forward, I'm just not overly excited for Young, Dark or New Avengers in the way I am for the X-Men.
Nobody is.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #223
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

100% agree with JL/Mystique. She should have been done after DoFP. I thought X-Men team aspect was pretty good as well. Aside from Quicksilver getting taken out again.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #224
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
100% agree with JL/Mystique. She should have been done after DoFP. I thought X-Men team aspect was pretty good as well. Aside from Quicksilver getting taken out again.
Yeah, I was sad he only got like 10 minutes of screen time. Fan of Evan Peters as well.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #225
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Once introduced, I think X-Men will be the centerpiece of the MCU much in the way the Avengers have been up until now.
That would be the logical move and I hope Feige's successors realize that.

The reason I posted that conspiracy theory earlier is that I'm afraid Marvel isn't taking X-Men as seriously as it should. Perhaps they think they don't need X-Men too much at this point.

All this talk of putting Captain Marvel front and center doesn't excite me a lot. I don't really know the character well enough to be a fan. I would certainly prefer either X-Men or FF or Spider-Man to be the central figure(s).

MCU started in 2008. Which means children born in that year are nearing puberty now. That's when the mutations start manifesting themselves. They have the opportunity here for a really cool introduction/tease for the mutants as a subplot before they get ready with their debut movie. Perhaps something happenned in 2008 to trigger the X-gene?
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #226
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
MCU started in 2008. Which means children born in that year are nearing puberty now. That's when the mutations start manifesting themselves.
My kid just turned 12. Still waiting for his mutant powers to manifest.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #227
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My kid just turned 12. Still waiting for his mutant powers to manifest.
Haha. I hope his power is resistence to the appeal of ridiculously-priced statues.

I wish I had that.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #228
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:

I think Xmen will be a centerpiece, just like Avengers was and just like I expect FF to also be. I think Marvel has bigger plans than to just have a single focus.

I would assume that they would understand that the stories that were extremely well done in the comics (like IG) will play well in the theaters if done right (using the Marvel method that was used for Avengers). I would also assume that the lesser stories won't warrant a 20 film investment. I don't see them rolling out 20 film arcs for YA, DA, NA, etc. I am sure they will give a few stories a try and see how the response comes back. I would bet that GOTG would have been a one-shot if it fell on it's face with fans/viewers, etc.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #229
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I'm much more excited that there's talks of an X-men animated series reboot/continuation in the same style as first 4 seasons. I guess I'm getting a little comic live action fatigue and it doesn't help when these companies know they can put out mediocre movies and break sales records regardless(apparently not this one though lol).
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #230
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I love the X-Men and like Fantastic Four I knew to stay away from paying for this movie. How come you guys didn't? Is it the fear of missing out?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote