Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #221
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
It really looks like she’s completely behind that shield. Seems like an afterthought to include it.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:22 AM   #222
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It's not much, but...

Lol. So is it 48 hours or 3 days?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:45 AM   #223
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Lol. So is it 48 hours or 3 days?
Slight misleading.. they should add a 'left' on this poster.. eg. 'Only 48 Hours Left', because PO started ytd, totalling 3 days for this bonus item.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #224
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
The price is definitely too much. But I really dig this statue. So much so that I decided to purchase it despite the price point. And worse still, despite being a 1/3 scale DC collector, I bought it as my first 1/4 scale DC piece.

The sword and shield is a nifty little bonus but I prefer the lasso display option. Maybe if they switched it up; have the shield on her right arm and the sword in the left, I would display it that way.
Congrats on your order. I agree with you 100%. QS definitely should've put the shield and sword on opposite arms/hands. What's the point of covering her face up? The pose already covers a portion of her portrait as is. I don't see why they would cover her entire face with a swap out shield.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #225
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well, we have a year to give QS “constructive feedback”. Perhaps they’ll make some welcome changes on the switch outs.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #226
Ljaat

When the pics first went up, there were a lot on FB asking for a sword and shield switch outs. So pretty sure they just threw it quickly together to make everyone happy.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #227
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Do you think that there is nobody at QS who notices that a shield in front of the face is a bit disadvantageous.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #228
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACalica917 View Post
Well, we have a year to give QS “constructive feedback”. Perhaps they’ll make some welcome changes on the switch outs.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think, when they have the desired amount of PO's all development will stop.

Sure there'll be a vocal minority who will kick up a fuss on this forum, but for the most part they already expect a number of buyers won't complete, so if that vocal minority pull out - who cares.

If you buy this, you need to love it as it is.....otherwise you will be disappointed.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #229
ACalica917

Yeah. I should’nt hope for too much as well. I’m fine if the Sword and shield come as is. I’d probably just display the shield to the side or laying against the base if anything. I was gonna purchase this either way. The sword and shield are a “free” bonus.

However, I do think the up and coming Queen Studios might be one of those studios that take more serious pride in each of their releases. I recall them mentioning that they will “continue to improve the likeness” on the Gal Gadot headsculpt on their 1:4 Scale Golden Armor version. So it is possible that development doesn’t stop until they are ultimately proud of the finished product.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #230
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Do you think that there is nobody at QS who notices that a shield in front of the face is a bit disadvantageous.
Probably because it's an afterthought. Not a well placed/designed feature put there to please the crowds for overpricing this piece. It's a shame as its probably the best 1/4 representation of her on the market.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote