Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #221
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

SOTY doesn't take companies to the next level, its just appreciation for what they have done.

I think if you made it to the voting table should be recognition enough. Whichever wins is down to popular vote and actually gauges what the average consumer will like to buy in the future.

From this i guess gogo anime, 2d fighting games?
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #222
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
Not to undermine the work of the individuals that put this together, but if you wanted a "true statue awards" then that's exactly how it should be done.

I don't personally agree with the format of popular vote, but I've accepted that it's just the way it is.

One thing I do disagree with is the competition portion. Yes, you should acknowledge quality work in various aspects, but competition is the key factor to why we're seeing these results. (I may have read into this incorrectly?)
1. My suggestion was in no way intended to undermine or compete against bmutha and the excellent folks that put on the award show with a voting system.

2. My idea was a self contained forum system to recognize outstanding achievement in quality or innovation in statues.

3. Think of them as parallel or distinct systems to hopefully better satisfy members who enjoy competition and who want to see certain pieces recognized.

4. My rough concept for 2019 is whenever a statue has something remarkable or noteworthy a member could nominate it for recognition. Be a forum section for nomination threads. Users would be expected to give compelling reason for their nominee. The tricky part is I'm not sure how you'd do gatekeeping to officially award a piece. Could do a yea or nay system among users to incorporate a consensus of a nominee to be recognized.

5.This is all intended to be positive for fans and companies.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #223
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
As much as I believe that the statue that won is extremely nice, I can name 10 other statues that are way more impressive and worthy of that award.

I believe that a SOTY should be less about popularity than what this year's award ended up being.
But when you put it that way, Tsume and Sideshow have way more fans than HMO. Hulkbuster, Thanos, AND Vegeta sold WAY more then Morrigan did. Yet she tied with Tsume in the popular vote, despite the numbers. Makes you think really.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:41 AM   #224
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
But when you put it that way, Tsume and Sideshow have way more fans than HMO. Hulkbuster, Thanos, AND Vegeta sold WAY more then Morrigan did. Yet she tied with Tsume in the popular vote, despite the numbers. Makes you think really.
HMO site crashed from the sheer number of people trying to preorder her.

They could have easily doubled the ES and sold out if they wanted to. Aftermarket price also suggested so.

Meh tsume is the defacto anime statue producer, their minimum ES nowadays is 1800 for a popular statue.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:41 AM   #225
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Even though Prime 1 didn't win any categories, they didn't do too badly. I believe they came in 2nd in three categories and 3rd in another.

But all anyone seems to be posting is that they don't believe the right statue won, because they don't appreciate anime for whatever reason. But as long as it is a popularity contest, anime will most likely win, as they have had a growing fan base the world over for decades (including the west since the early 90s), whereas Marvel/DC comic based characters have only really exploded in the last decade and a bit because of the popularity of the movies.

But honestly I hadn't even seen a couple of the ones that won their categories.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote