Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
johnnyr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Does Someone Own Thor's Hammer, Any Company

I have been looking for information on different Hammers and I have found no real good reviews. This is why I do my videos on Youtube to help people. But to go on there is the Museum Replicas Hammer, Factory X Hammer and the Diamond Select Hammer. I have not found enough good information to make a decision. I would lean towards the Museum Replicas because I bought both Captain America Shields and that one was much nicer then the Factory X but that is really not enough to go on. If anyone has one could you post and tell me what you think about it. Thanks
johnnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I used to have the Factory X hammer and I thought it was very well done. I sold it years ago for a big profit.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
spenca7
Loki

All of them are discussed in this thread with pros and cons of each (hammer head, hammer handle etc.)

http://statueforum.com/showthread.ph...ht=Thor+hammer
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have all them:

1. Factory X Version: For me this is still the Best & no. 1... maybe I am just a little biased because this was the 1st ever officially licensed released Thor hammer, aside from the fact that this was the only version wherein the "hammer-head" can be detached from its handle", I like the Hammer's "weathered-look" finished which gives its authentic & ancient look, & lastly, the leather-handle where you "shoot your hand" to hold it is adjustable, unlike all the other versions.

2. Beta Ray Bill Version (Diamond select): This is the 2nd Place for me... because I like it's "Shiny Gold Chromed Color" & others may not agree, but for me this looks expensive and not cheap looking. But of course, this is not really Thor's hammer... this is Beta Ray Bill's Hammer.

3. Ultimates Version (Museum Replicas): This is the 3rd Place for me. It is the biggest, heaviest, & most real looking of them all. It appears that you can actually pound & at the same time cut someone's head with this. However, not a lot of people are familiar with this version & "old school Thor Fans/ collectors" might frown upon this & might not like this because this is not the "Thor's Hammer Look" that they grew up with.

4. Battle Damaged Version (Museum Replicas): 4th Place for me is this. Although the "Rock-Looking Base" is hollow & light... it still looks impressive as a display base. The Hammer-head has DIMPLES & CRACKS all over. My only comment is they could have made the cracks more intense to give an authentic look that this is really a "Battle Damaged Thor hammer" (as seen in the comics).

5. Diamond Select Version: I do not really have any negative comments about this version. Its display base is exactly the same as the beta Ray Bill's version. The hammer & leather have a "clean look" (unlike the factory X version). I guess the only reason I made this my 5th & Last Place was because the 1st 4 Hammers which I mentioned above have a "different variety look" when displayed altogether. While this one, the BASE just resembles the Beta Ray hammer version & the HAMMER just resembles the Factory X version. To display this one nicely & to make it look a little different, I make use of the "metal stand" (included in this version & Beta Ray version) so this hammer can be displayed as standing up, while the Beta Ray Bill's version is displayed lying down.

In conclusion, I like ALL OF THEM since they look all very impressive when displayed altogether. They kind of reminded me of something I saw in one of Thor's Comics where a scene was shown as Thor really having several "variety of Hammers" & he is trying to choose which of them to use for an upcoming conflict.
ROMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
RINGU GIRL
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

how much are each?

are they still instock?
RINGU GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
ROMS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGU GIRL View Post
how much are each?

are they still instock?
They are all out of stock already BUT I believe you can still get them at Ebay.... you just have to be patient if you do not see them all for now.

I only have 1 of each of them and I made them as part of my THOR PROP SET already... awaiting to be displayed together with next year's Officially Licensed Oxmox Lifesize THOR Statue.... which I am sure they will release to market the THOR MOVIE.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I have Factory X, mint, w/original box, I love it, but willing to sell if somebody's interested. Feel free to PM me a price.
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

Roms....do you have pictures of your hammers on display....?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #9
RINGU GIRL
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

are these made of polystone?
RINGU GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
ROMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Roms....do you have pictures of your hammers on display....?
Not right now... doing a little repair/renovation again... most of my stuffs are currently in their respective boxes right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGU GIRL View Post
are these made of polystone?
I think its ALUMINUM... but I am not sure.