Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
mcss aerocoupe
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
...the fans are not holding up their end of the bargain, as many of the currently availble statues remain unsold.
Hey, try doing a little research first! Start by checking the site for Hard Hero and Big Bad Toy Store.

Hard Hero stats:
Lion-O regular edition - Sold Out
Lion-O AP edition - Sold Out
Cheetara regular edition - Sold Out
Cheetara AP edition - Sold Out
Ben-Gali regular edition - N/A (BBTS exclusive)
Ben-Gali AP edition - N/A (BBTS exclusive)

Big Bad Toy Store stats:
Lion-O regular edition - Looks like only a very few left in stock
Lion-O AP edition - Sold Out
Cheetara regular edition - Still in stock
Cheetara AP edition - Sold Out
Ben-Gali regular edition - Still in stock
Ben-Gali AP edition - Still in stock

None of the already released statues can be bought from Hard Hero as they are completely sold out. BBTS is sold out of half of the non-exclusive statues.

But for the sake of comparing, let's take a look at the HH Conan series. There are 3 Conan statues, and they too have 100 edition AP of each. All three were released before the ThunderCats line stated, and all 6 (regular and AP versions) are still available for purchase directly from HH.

Three statues in both lines so far, 2 versions of each, same number of AP statues. One line does not even have one statue/version sold out at HH. The other is completely sold out from HH, and they have been on the market for less time.

So how exactly are the fans not supporting the HH ThunderCats line?
mcss aerocoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
SuperBenSl8
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I really hope we get a Panthro soon.
SuperBenSl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
Yzerman99
Sinister Six

Oh man, I can't wait. Lion-O and Cheetara waiting for him (and Panthro too ... hint hint).
Yzerman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
Yzerman99
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I heard that there have been to many issues with these statues and that they aren't going to be made anymore because they've been a pain to make and get right. Is that true?
Man, I hope you're wrong. I'd love to get a Mumm-Ra The Ever-living, Jaga and a couple mutants.

I hope we at least get a Panthro.
Yzerman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
Neon2102
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hopefully they line continues for awhile...I'm waiting on Panthro, Jaga, Grune the Destroyer and more.
With the new animated series coming and the classics making a comeback I'd think this line would start to be come more popular
Neon2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #16
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Step it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcss aerocoupe View Post
So how exactly are the fans not supporting the HH ThunderCats line?
Apparently someone disagrees with my assessment but look at the time it has taken these statues to sell out on the HardHero site. Lion-O took about a year to sell out and was found on various sites selling for as low as $91. This tells me that it is not the fans that were buying, but rather the retailers placing large orders and later re-selling these items at a large discount.
And lets take a look at the Bengali statue, even though it was an exclusive, it is a clear way to gauge the response of the fans. With only 50 Artist Proofs made, there are still many available at BigBadToystore. Are you telling me that there are not 50 die hard fans out there willing to buy an Artist Proof Bengali - What's up with that.
I have seen many lines sell out statues during the pre-order stage but with this line I have not seen the same response, with Tygra and even the long awaited Mumm-Ra still available for pre-order. These are definite signs that the fans are not showing their love.
So to all the indecisive fans that have not purchased their statues yet, Step it up! This line is fantastic, the statues are the perfect size and are excellent representations of the original characters. The sculpting, poses and paint are second to none. Even the boxes are cool as hell. I say Pre-order your statues today to show your support instead of hoping for a deal on ebay. I would hate to have this line fail because fans are waiting for the price to go down or listening to all rumors out there. These rumors can be self fulfilling and lets remember that when a line fails, 9 times out of 10 it is because the demand just wasn't there.
Lastly to mcss aerocoupe, I like the passion, even though it seems a little intense, and I am glad to see that you have purchased at least 1 of each of the available statues and I hope that you have pre-ordered the others, otherwise, Step It Up!
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #17
JackFrost
Fantastic Four

i can't wait for Tygra...my favorite.....and i hope we at least have the full thundercats team....mutants may come later....
JackFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
mcss aerocoupe
Frackin!

Quote:
I say hold out there Rob and lets try to get a complete set of Thundercats out before you give up on the line and if you need the fans to step it up then make it known.
Quote:
I would hate to have this line fail because fans are waiting for the price to go down or listening to all rumors out there. These rumors can be self fulfilling and lets remember that when a line fails, 9 times out of 10 it is because the demand just wasn't there.
I too want to see this line succeed. Sure, I may be a die hard fan, or very intense, or whatever else you want to say about me. But at least I am not talking about Rob giving up on the line... That seems like a good way to start these stupid rumors that are just that, rumors. And just for the record, Rob has said that while Mumm-Ra has been delayed, sculpts for Panthro and Slithe are in progress, and will be followed by Jaga.

I am not worried about this line failing. After the delay and issues on the second statue, Hard Hero appears to be back on track with a statue coming out about every 3 months now.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Put the rumors to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcss aerocoupe View Post
Hard Hero appears to be back on track with a statue coming out about every 3 months now.
Agreed. The rumors are all false, the line is progressing beautifully and I look forward to getting a complete set.
Anyone else think that it would be cool for HardHero to make a base that could fit all of the characters together. Maybe with the Cat's Lair in the background for the main cast, the Tower of Omens for the the secondary cast etc... It would just be an excellent way to display them together and a great incentive for people to collect them all, not to mention an awsome reward for all the die hard fans.
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
mcss aerocoupe
Frackin!

Actually, from what I understand, the bases are being designed to fit together to make a large display. Cheetara's base does fit with Lion-O's. Ben-Gali's does not, but his may fit with someone else's in between (Tygra or Panthro). I would like the whole group together, but a Season 1 set and a Season 2 set would be fine with me. Maybe they'll make it where you can do it either way. Now that would be awesome!

Here is a link to an older interview over at TCL.org. Discusses bases and production size (questions #3 and 11): http://www.thundercatslair.org/merch...interview.html