Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #31
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Curious. I'm guessing when selling the clutter, you guys made some losses from original purchase amount?
I sold my BD busts before the market tanked.
There were some that sold for little under what I paid but I more than made up for that by selling the ones that sold for way more than I paid.
I remember getting several thousand dollars with my auctions.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #32
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Curious. I'm guessing when selling the clutter, you guys made some losses from original purchase amount?

Unless we're talking about pieces like the Astro City Samaritan statue, these things don't have to be sold at a loss. Those sellers willing to take a hit generally want cash right away. I prefer to wait for my price. While it might take some time, I usually get my asking price.

When I sell busts, I usually sell a few at once, e.g., an Avengers related selection. That seems to get more hits. Also, I take lots of pics. In my experience, shoppers respond better to sellers who at least try to appear like they're making an effort, not only to sell the items, but to get return business as well. It isn;t at all unusual to set up another off-ebay sale after the first transaction has concluded in a satisfactory manner.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #33
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I slowed mine down also because of my lack in space. Also, I pretty much limited my statue collecting to 1/4 mix media and maybe a couple comiquettes here and there ( TMNT). I think it's pretty interesting seeing some of you guys that have been collecting for years sort of get tired of it.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #34
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Unless we're talking about pieces like the Astro City Samaritan statue, these things don't have to be sold at a loss. Those sellers willing to take a hit generally want cash right away. I prefer to wait for my price. While it might take some time, I usually get my asking price.

When I sell busts, I usually sell a few at once, e.g., an Avengers related selection. That seems to get more hits. Also, I take lots of pics. In my experience, shoppers respond better to sellers who at least try to appear like they're making an effort, not only to sell the items, but to get return business as well.
Quote:
It isn;t at all unusual to set up another off-ebay sale after the first transaction has concluded in a satisfactory manner.
I would rather have all my auctions be off Ebay.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote