Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-25-2012, 04:02 AM   #21
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post

Is the Dragon logo on the base not 'straight' on the front? The Dragon logo on the back seems alright but in the front is looks a bit twisted. Whats up with that?
LOL....its straight. Maybe it looks like that by the way the bust is posed? Its straight though.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:05 AM   #22
loricstone
Kang

Oh, I see what you are talking about. Yeah, I guess it is different. LOL! Never noticed that.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
vinnnie
Luke Cage

I've seen pictures of someone else his Scorpion bust and it has the same 'problem'. Aside from that, great looking bust, congrats!
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #24
CelestaDragon93
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That bust is really cool. Seeing the pictures, especially without flash, the details are well done.

Is Scorpion the only bust piece at the moment? Or there's more characters on the way?
CelestaDragon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #25
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

A pic in natural light - it's a bit bright out

A pic to show scale with some other 1:2 busts

Syco Scopion with Sideshow (legendary scale) Apocalypse bust

Syco Scorpion with Pop Culture Shock Akuma bust

(PCS is somewhere in between 1:4 and 1:3 IMO, but they are still marketed at this scale, and I put it up for those of us who have the SF busts can make a comparison)

A pic to show some nice paint app

A pic to show some an example of nice texturising - as you'd want in this scale

Thoughts: It's a great bust. It makes me wonder what a full-size 1:2 would look like - and that's the effect it should have. It looks really cool in person and it's so awesome to finally have some solid MK merchandise. I've expressed it before, but now having 1 in person, I can say the only thing I think Syco could really benefit from is the skin tone/flesh app - the skin parts look a a touch pastey with what looks like bad spray tan looking orange in color, making just the skin look a little "plasticy". I don't mean to bash it - Syco have truely impressed me, but it is the best way I can describe it. They put all this great detail and paint app in to the attire , I think it's just the flesh tone that is lacking - I think maybe if they just blend it better. Also as I had figured from loric's pics, it would be nice if they hadn't painted the inside of the eye-lid white. But I am being really critiquey here - just want to give a non-biased oppion. Anyway it blends with sideshow's just fine - and to match sideshow, that is quite the compliment. I love the sculpt and the sheer size. I will be getting another 1:2 for sure.

I am not sticking to 1 line with Syco - just what I think looks cool or well-executed. So far I have this, and Kitana on the way soon. Ermac is the first 18" I want, and I will also be getting the 1:2 Shao Kahn bust (though I will also get the PCS 1:1 if they are making it)... and of course Motaro!

premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #26
Horhey
Kindly Asked To Leave

That is first rate quality. Looks exactly like the promo pics. I would buy it but I already have their Premium Format pre ordered so no mo $$$. What a cool character Scorpion is.
Horhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Friggin' righteous!!!!

Ima gonna have to get me these babies! I just hope waiting awhile won't cost me an arm and a leg.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestaDragon93 View Post
That bust is really cool. Seeing the pictures, especially without flash, the details are well done.

Is Scorpion the only bust piece at the moment? Or there's more characters on the way?
Shao Kahn 1:2 bust w/removable helmet is the next one up. From the unpainted in progress pics you can see on Syco facebook page, it is looking quite impressive!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
loricstone
Kang

Really awesome pics Premium! Really nice! I suppose I could take pics like that if I take my bust outside, but I'm a scaredy cat about exposing statues to the elements.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #30
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Really awesome pics Premium! Really nice! I suppose I could take pics like that if I take my bust outside, but I'm a scaredy cat about exposing statues to the elements.
Thanks, ur pics are real nice too.. lol yeah Scorpion is safely away from the elements now I don't usually take pics, but we have so many members who take pics of say Sideshow - but only a few who can show us Syco, so we need as many as we can get and I just wanted to add to the archive so people can (continue to) see what their product is like.. they deserve a fair chance being as they are a new company.. I know I was curious exactly what kind of product we'd get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horhey View Post
That is first rate quality. Looks exactly like the promo pics. I would buy it but I already have their Premium Format pre ordered so no mo $$$. What a cool character Scorpion is.
This is true, their pieces so far seem to match their proto
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote