Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

They can always review the practices of the people ordering from them and limit or cut their supply. I think it has more weight than you think. It just isn't bold and in your face....yet.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Thanks XM.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #13
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It is a nice gesture on their part, but will probably do little to persuade against the "flipping" and inflated prices. I think I will most likely avoid Phoenix. It is awesome, but with the price of these pieces I can afford a couple customs. I could change my mind later, but for now I don't want to be part of the drama.
I don't know who's doing your customs but to get a 1:4 scale custom it generally costs more $1k, hell just to convert a existing SS Mix Media statue to a sculpted one costs $500+
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #14
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

There is a lot people offer me their magnetos for $2000
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #15
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
They can always review the practices of the people ordering from them and limit or cut their supply. I think it has more weight than you think. It just isn't bold and in your face....yet.
Well said. We can't just waltz in and expect distis who carry a lot of other products to do the things we do. Remember, they are only carrying XM as a small proportion of their stocks - and they reserve the right to resell it at a price they deem fit (and it's up to buyers who bite) or open up POs to their own "prestige members" which is actually a fair thing to do in their context.

We also do not know who is doing this exactly. What we can do is to make known our stand on this to send the message across that we are aware of what is going on and that our customers come first (if you get the hint). If silence means consent, we don't want to be silent about it.

If it's any consolation, we have had distis writing back to assure us they are in line with our thoughts - which is a start of good things to come.
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote