Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #21
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
Good taste, age and wisdom.
I'm glad that, no matter how long I live, I'll never be as old as you.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #22
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
So Ant-Man is reduced not only in size, but in dramatic import? Marvel's mighty mite is only worthy of comedy, eh? Alas, poor Pym...

But, if truth be told, I'd rather see an Ant-Man comedy than a serious take at the character on film. A comedy would work. Just as long as he utters that wonderful line regarding him never forgetting the death cry of an ant.
No, he has the unique complexity of character to support all manner of interpretations. But a comedy would serve to distinguish this flick at the box office. Shaun of the Dead is great, and I'm sure this could be too. I bet Thor has had the odd line of excruciating dialogue in his otherwise rich history, you madman.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #23
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Fixed your post, jdh.

A serious Ant-Man film? Never. Too preposterous. It would fail, utterly and totally. However, as a comedy, it has a good chance.

Why do you think that I don't welcome the idea of a Thor movie with open arms? The thread of the dialogue alone makes me wince. It's one thing to read it when done properly, but to speak it? Yikes.
If what you have is taste and wisdom, may I ever be free of it.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #24
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Your recent tests came up negative, so you are clean of both taste and wisdom. Perhaps one day you will become sullied with the aforementioned maladies.

GEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!

Faced!
For one so opposed to Bendis' modern dialogue, you sure are over-reliant on 'faced'.

As ever, arsed!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #25
Jesse321
Galactus

Marvel Announces 10 Properties In Paramount Deal

Don't know if this might ahve been discussed before, but just in case.

Changing its name from Marvel Enterprises to Marvel Entertainment, Marvel announced on Monday the completion of a $525 million non-recourse debt facility that will finance Marvel's production of up to 10 films based on such characters as Captain America, Nick Fury and The Avengers.

Paramount will distribute the film slate, with the first theatrical release expected for summer 2008.

Marvel's distribution agreement with Paramount guarantees distribution for 10 films and encompasses two prime release periods each year -- the spring/summer and fall/holiday seasons. Paramount has guaranteed Marvel wide distribution with commensurate advertising and marketing efforts. This is a worldwide arrangement with the exception of Japan, Germany, Australia/New Zealand, Spain and France, which Marvel will sell directly.

The 10 Marvel properties in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi. Each film is expected to have a budget of up to $165 million dollars and a rating no more restrictive than PG-13.

"The film slate financing enables us to evolve our entertainment operations into film production, an area where we have experienced past success with our partners and which offers significant profit potential for our company," said Avi Arad, chairman and CEO of Marvel Studios.

"The characters involved are some of the most valuable in the Marvel Universe, and we are excited to launch them as consumer brands via feature film releases under our direction. We look forward to working with Brad Grey and the exceptional team he has put together at Paramount and are confident that this will be a successful venture for us both."

Although the financing allows for the production of animated films, Marvel currently intends to use the financing to make only live-action films.

In its release, Marvel also noted that Punisher 2 is expected to join Ghost Rider and X3 as a 2006 release.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #26
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Yep, discussed here.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...1&page=4&pp=10
Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #27
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

yeah, so let's merge these threads.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #28
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Done!
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #29
Jesse321
Galactus

I know I'm going to get crucified for this (just hear me out) .. but I'm actually looking forward to a Power Pack movie ... if it's done right it would be GREAT for my neices and nephews! And lets face it guys, Marvel has to appeal to everyone (kids included) there are some movies like Spiderman which are pretty well suited for the entire family, but what's so wrong with a movie specifically geared towards kids?

And personally, I'd love to see Clock and Dagger done as well .. Tandy and Tyron were another set of personal favorites.

One charactor that wasn't listed that would make for an AWESOME live action film would be MOON KNIGHT, hopefully the new on going series will spark some new interest in the charcactor!

And why the hell wasn't Spider-Woman mentioned.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:08 AM   #30
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
I know I'm going to get crucified for this (just hear me out) .. but I'm actually looking forward to a Power Pack movie ... if it's done right it would be GREAT for my neices and nephews! And lets face it guys, Marvel has to appeal to everyone (kids included) there are some movies like Spiderman which are pretty well suited for the entire family, but what's so wrong with a movie specifically geared towards kids?
And personally, I'd love to see Clock and Dagger done as well .. Tandy and Tyron were another set of personal favorites.

One charactor that wasn't listed that would make for an AWESOME live action film would be MOON KNIGHT, hopefully the new on going series will spark some new interest in the charcactor!

And why the hell wasn't Spider-Woman mentioned.
I agree look at spy kids there is a market and it could do very well.
I also agree with moon knight ala batman style.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote