Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-01-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
reavengeance
Frackin!

Prime 1 Shipping Advice for Customers residing outside the US.

I defer to those who have collected far more and amassed far more knowledge on this subject than I have. I'm finally getting my hand into Prime 1 statues, namely considering a purchase of the batfleck statue from Justice league. Been a collector of 1/6th and sideshow statues for more than a decade but have yet to go into Prime 1 until now.

That said, as I reside in South-East Asia, shipping can be a finnicky thing, chasing customer support for blemished or damaged statues not included. So I was wondering which way do I go, purchasing from Sideshow directly for Prime 1 statues or directly from Prime 1 studios' site?

Which provides better customer support in the event a purchased statue is damaged? - shipping wise P1 studios offers a rate of 135 usd, while sideshow just oddly puts it at (unable to estimate).

Given my situation I was wondering if any of you good folks here have tips or advice for me! Thanks again!
reavengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Ezhil
Mephisto

I am also in similar situation without clarity. Does their personal shipper is safe??
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
I am also in similar situation without clarity. Does their personal shipper is safe??
Hello you two. There are always worries when getting something so big from someplace overseas. I live in the US and purchase most of my P1 statues from SS but dawdled on purchasing a few and stock ran out so I had no choice to turn to P1 directly. I've had zero issues with any of my purchases through them.

They don't use velcro straps to secure like Imaginarium and HMO but the Styrofoam is sealed and all the statue parts are wrapped in a soft cloth.

Shipping costs I can't really help you with and hope someone more knowledgeable can answer that. I tend to ignore the costs if I want something bad enough so I'm no help.

Defects, returns, refunds. SS is okay. If it's one of their statues it's pretty fast in replacing a part or sending the whole item back for a refund. Don't wait as there is a time limit. You can see their refund policy up on their site. If you buy a P1 statue through them get ready for at least a 2-4 month wait on a new part. Full refund or whole P1 statue replacement is fast if they have stock

I had a debacle with the P1 G1 Optimus through SS where they had to send me multiple statues to correct a seating issue well known to that statue. It's P1's QC's fault but each statue I got in return got closer and closer to seating correctly where I finally said eff it and kept the third one sent. SS were very understanding.

If you order directly through P1 you'll get parts faster but if you need to return the whole statue it can be a pain because of the shippers size. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Hope this helps. I own a ton of P1 statues, if you have any more questions just ask.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
Ezhil
Mephisto

Thx bro..
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:37 AM   #5
reavengeance
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Hello you two. There are always worries when getting something so big from someplace overseas. I live in the US and purchase most of my P1 statues from SS but dawdled on purchasing a few and stock ran out so I had no choice to turn to P1 directly. I've had zero issues with any of my purchases through them.

They don't use velcro straps to secure like Imaginarium and HMO but the Styrofoam is sealed and all the statue parts are wrapped in a soft cloth.

Shipping costs I can't really help you with and hope someone more knowledgeable can answer that. I tend to ignore the costs if I want something bad enough so I'm no help.

Defects, returns, refunds. SS is okay. If it's one of their statues it's pretty fast in replacing a part or sending the whole item back for a refund. Don't wait as there is a time limit. You can see their refund policy up on their site. If you buy a P1 statue through them get ready for at least a 2-4 month wait on a new part. Full refund or whole P1 statue replacement is fast if they have stock

I had a debacle with the P1 G1 Optimus through SS where they had to send me multiple statues to correct a seating issue well known to that statue. It's P1's QC's fault but each statue I got in return got closer and closer to seating correctly where I finally said eff it and kept the third one sent. SS were very understanding.

If you order directly through P1 you'll get parts faster but if you need to return the whole statue it can be a pain because of the shippers size. Both have their pluses and minuses.

Hope this helps. I own a ton of P1 statues, if you have any more questions just ask.
Thank you so much for your advice! It'd definitely help me with my purchase!
reavengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:

How much was shipping to the U.S. from the prime 1 website? And did customs add another fee?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Hi Brandon. I've purchased five Bayformer/Arkham statues directly from them. Shipping costs have ranged between $125-$250 no customs charges/issues. There is another thread up where someone yesterday said the same thing. They paid around $250 and no extra customs to the US. The Bayformers are more because most come with 2 boxes due to the base size and the Arkham line like Two-Face came in one. Don't be afraid to contact P1 customer support for a more focused answer for what you are interested in. They're very helpful and will get back to you timely.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #8
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Hi Brandon. I've purchased five Bayformer/Arkham statues directly from them. Shipping costs have ranged between $125-$250 no customs charges/issues. There is another thread up where someone yesterday said the same thing. They paid around $250 and no extra customs to the US. The Bayformers are more because most come with 2 boxes due to the base size and the Arkham line like Two-Face came in one. Don't be afraid to contact P1 customer support for a more focused answer for what you are interested in. They're very helpful and will get back to you timely.
Thanks eternalblue02!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote