Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: Would you buy more clothes for your dress up statues?
Yes 5 16.13%
No 26 83.87%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
risingstar
Jedi Order

Poll: Would you buy more clothes for your dress up statues?

Some of you just love statues that are nicely dressed up. If made available, would you buy more clothes for your statues? For example, perhaps a nice pair of Wrangler blue jeans for your Hulk PF instead of the standard purple? Perhaps you might instead want a shorter skirt in a different shade of green for your Doom? Maybe you would like a different soldier uniform for your Red Skull?

There's nothing wrong with liking to play dress up with your statues. It's a free country. If your find yourself yearning to play fashion designer with your statues, now is the time to speak up.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Some of you just love statues that are nicely dressed up. If made available, would you buy more clothes for your statues? For example, perhaps a nice pair of Wrangler blue jeans for your Hulk PF instead of the standard purple? Perhaps you might instead want a shorter skirt in a different shade of green for your Doom? Maybe you would like a different soldier uniform for your Red Skull?

There's nothing wrong with liking to play dress up with your statues. It's a free country. If your find yourself yearning to play fashion designer with your statues, now is the time to speak up.

LMMFAO!!!!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

such hatred

you close minded collectors! lol i was one for so long,,,i remember making fun of the luke pf...but im glad i opened my mind because i now own some of the best pieces in the hobby including the doom masterpiece

oh well your loss!

and no the clothes that come with them are fine..dont need more dress up clothes
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
BobbyW
The Beast

in other words...BARBIE

It's a statue...dust it and admire it!
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Only one that make sense as a dress up dolly is Lara Croft the way I see it.
That is a big thing in the game, all her different outfits. She just looks more bad ass in different clothes over the default game outfit.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

its funny to me how guys who collect cartoon/comic book character statues and toys are making fun of guys who collect and prefer premium format statues...get real lmao
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
batmanmike
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
its funny to me how guys who collect cartoon/comic book character statues and toys are making fun of guys who collect and prefer premium format statues...get real lmao
So true
batmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post

Kidding aside, I think it's great that you prefer your statues in haute couture. I mean, why not, right? No one is really judging here. Moving forward, should I hear of a miniature Gap store opening, I'll let you know.

Boony, I believe there are conventions for these sorts of clothing accessories too. Not sure. If you're lucky, maybe you could find just the right fabric and materials to sew your very own planet Hulk ensemble.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I'm waiting for someone to start advertising custom fashion commissions for the SS PF pieces. I mean we have sculptors here who will customize resin statues.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Kidding aside, I think it's great that you prefer your statues in haute couture. I mean, why not, right? No one is really judging here. Moving forward, should I hear of a miniature Gap store opening, I'll let you know.

Boony, I believe there are conventions for these sorts of clothing accessories too. Not sure. If you're lucky, maybe you could find just the right fabric and materials to sew your very own planet Hulk ensemble.

lol