Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
lordsidi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Koto ArtFx Star Wars 1/10 scale

Hello everyone, I've only just recently showed interest in Kotobukiya. I love collecting statues,but almost all of them are some sort of polystone or whatever and I was leery about getting anything "plastic" or "rubbery". I'm not a giant comics fan,but I do enjoy the movies and always wanted a film version of IronMan,so I bought the Mark IV, I believe it is and WOW what a surprise. Such detail! The material they use is very durable and I love the light up features. I then turned to the Koto ArtFx series and saw the reviews for the 1/10th scale C-3PO and R2-D2. The reviews and You tube reviews were impressive,but it wasn't until I got them home and saw the minute detail! Some say they are too small,but to me and my somewhat limited display areas they are perfect. I just got the Darth Vader ArtFx Cloud City version and again I'm floored. I own several statues of him and love them all,but I just adore the simple yet austere and Menacing pose of him just standing there and not swinging a lightsaber with his robes flying around. The ONLY thing that bothers me and this goes to a lot of statues of him is that they make such tiny details and paint almost everything perfect,but they almost always paint his mask solid black. We all know that was not the case for the OT vader. I think if they painted it with the correct color scheme his mask features would pop out much more. Otherwise,I'm loving having my "Kotos" as part of my collection. How about a "Return of the Jedi" Emperor Palpatine! I'd love to have one of him standing with his cane,maybe with his hand raised gesturing. That would be great!
lordsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
sith_apprentice
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I'd love one of Darth Sidious leaping across the table with Mace Windu across from him.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
lordsidi

I've decided to paint the correct color scheme for the Vader art fx statue,so when I took the head off the body to begin I was amazed to find not only all the little details on the rear of his collar piece,but they also have his exposed head and ears! Unbelievable! Even on my larger and more expensive Gentle Giant statues they don't have detail like this. KUDOS" KOTO!!
lordsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
crazypredator2
Frackin!

i really love the kotobukiya 1/10 star wars line, i have cloud city vader and fett so far, and have maul on the way, i plan on getting the rotj vader and royal guards next, then the jango fett when it comes out.
i wished i had gotton the storm troopers ,when they came out, now the prices are crazy for these.
crazypredator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I'm holding out hope for a re-release on the Stormtroopers, especially now the the ArtFX+ line is starting to get wider exposure at Barnes & Noble.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

How big are things compared to say... the standard size star wars action figures? I can't seem to get a read on the scale of these things.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
crazypredator2
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
How big are things compared to say... the standard size star wars action figures? I can't seem to get a read on the scale of these things.
about 7 1/2 to 8 inches tall without bases.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #8
crazypredator2
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I'm holding out hope for a re-release on the Stormtroopers, especially now the the ArtFX+ line is starting to get wider exposure at Barnes & Noble.
i pray they re-release these.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #9
six8ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I took a photo of one of the Hasbro action figures next to a couple of the ARTFX+ pieces, but I can't seem to load any photos.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
crazypredator2
Frackin!

hope they do general grievous soon.