Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #51
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
I'm probably going to be a completest when collecting this line.
I've had to fight that urge myself, ha. Be careful! I decided I would never buy two versions of Batman so there's no way I would be a completest.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #52
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm the same way. Only want one version of a character. That's why as Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Batgirl are released, I'll be selling my Sideshow PFs right before the Tweeterhead ones come out.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #53
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm the same way. Only want one version of a character. That's why as Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Batgirl are released, I'll be selling my Sideshow PFs right before the Tweeterhead ones come out.
Others have the same idea...you may want to sell now rather than be part of a supply glut later.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #54
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Good idea. I sold my DC PFs a while ago after I realized they were never going to make the characters I wanted.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #55
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Good idea. I sold my DC PFs a while ago after I realized they were never going to make the characters I wanted.
+1. I also sold all my Marvel PFs and about 90% of my Star Wars PFs for the same reason. Plus I no longer buy Sideshow product anymore.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #56
haljordan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
+1. I also sold all my Marvel PFs and about 90% of my Star Wars PFs for the same reason. Plus I no longer buy Sideshow product anymore.
Good call. I sold my SW PFs as well. I only kept my Superman and Green Lantern busts/PFs. I'm collecting Hot Toys for Star Wars now...although I do still buy a few of the Sideshow 1/6 figures to fill in holes. Otherwise I don't buy statues from them anymore.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #57
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Is it just me or does there seem to be a trend of people selling their Sideshows and moving away from buying any of their product?
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #58
haljordan99

Quote:
Is it just me or does there seem to be a trend of people selling their Sideshows and moving away from buying any of their product?
Well they just keep making the same core characters repeatedly and now they are making up their own versions of costumes. Most comic book readers want faithful reproductions of the characters they love.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #59
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Probably. They were king of the hill for a while with a stranglehold on so many licenses. Today’s market has evolved and there are far too many companies out there competing for our dollars for SS to continue to dominate the way they did in the past.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 PM   #60
xforce
Hydra

Tweeterhead has made me change my collection also. I only have a sideshow pieces, I sold off my star wars to fund tweeterhead and so far have pre ordered every piece through martian man hunter will pick up more soon.

I will keep my bowens for Marvel and tweeterhead for DC. I am going to try to get them all but money is already becoming an issue. We have 10 statues in the superpowers line already. I am really looking forward to the shazam, black manta, blue beetle, booster golds of the line.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote