Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #621
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
If you think about it, you could put one in your bedroom and one in either your living room or your office or your statue room. All the more reason to purchase another one.

It does amaze me that this Batgirl statue has not sold out but I am sure that with all the events happening this year I can see that being a factor in that

oops, we are kind of hijacking the thread away from Green Lantern Even though I paid full price for GL, this statue was more than worth it.
Ah man, more good points. UPDATE: Decision made for me, she's sold out now. Congrats buyers and TH!

You're right though, sorry for hijacking the thread. I ordered Hal yesterday and am very excited to get him. Need to put some of the other TH on risers to fit him on the same shelf.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #622
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective27 View Post
Ah man, more good points. UPDATE: Decision made for me, she's sold out now. Congrats buyers and TH!

You're right though, sorry for hijacking the thread. I ordered Hal yesterday and am very excited to get him. Need to put some of the other TH on risers to fit him on the same shelf.
I think we all were guilty of the hijacking

But it is great you got Green Lantern.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #623
craigcliff1
Zot

Chad wrote on FB TF he would have some EX for order on Wed
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:04 AM   #624
mmk123

I have a question. Now I do love this statue and it does seem that every Tweeterhead statue that I get is better than the last one but after a week of having this displayed, I kept looking at the statue and to me, I thought it looked a little busy. I had the statue displayed with both the green ammo and the lantern hand it I thought it looked like it was too much. I took off the ammo strip and I like it better without it. (Now I also had it set up without the lantern hand but with the ammo strip and thought it looked fine that way as well.)

Now did anyone else here feel the same way that I did? Maybe I am just a little bit of minimalist but I thought that the statue displayed with both the lantern and the ammo strip that everything was competing with each other, especially with the detailed base.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:38 AM   #625
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I have a question. Now I do love this statue and it does seem that every Tweeterhead statue that I get is better than the last one but after a week of having this displayed, I kept looking at the statue and to me, I thought it looked a little busy. I had the statue displayed with both the green ammo and the lantern hand it I thought it looked like it was too much. I took off the ammo strip and I like it better without it. (Now I also had it set up without the lantern hand but with the ammo strip and thought it looked fine that way as well.)

Now did anyone else here feel the same way that I did? Maybe I am just a little bit of minimalist but I thought that the statue displayed with both the lantern and the ammo strip that everything was competing with each other, especially with the detailed base.
That was my original thought and why I went for the EX. Then I tried the belt and lantern and ended up leaving them on. I think if I had more statues and he was competing for attention I would remove the extra bits, but I only have four relatively clean and simple 1/6 so it's fine for now.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:59 AM   #626
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
That was my original thought and why I went for the EX. Then I tried the belt and lantern and ended up leaving them on. I think if I had more statues and he was competing for attention I would remove the extra bits, but I only have four relatively clean and simple 1/6 so it's fine for now.
I do have Green Lantern between Catwoman and Batman so there is some competing for attention. I always leaned more toward the lantern hand than the ammo but I might now be one of those people who every few months switch out the pieces on a statue.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:08 AM   #627
saberhagen

Quote:
I do have Green Lantern between Catwoman and Batman so there is some competing for attention. I always leaned more toward the lantern hand than the ammo but I might now be one of those people who every few months switch out the pieces on a statue.
I mean more if I had a multi-depth kind of display with pieces in front of others and risers and such. Or adding XM or other busy pieces. This is also the only TH piece with pieces I would switch. Doubt I'd ever switch to the Batgirl fist over the batarang, or take the purse. My Harley and Catwoman don't have extras.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:35 AM   #628
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I mean more if I had a multi-depth kind of display with pieces in front of others and risers and such. Or adding XM or other busy pieces. This is also the only TH piece with pieces I would switch. Doubt I'd ever switch to the Batgirl fist over the batarang, or take the purse. My Harley and Catwoman don't have extras.
how long is the shelf that you have Harley, Batgirl, GL and Catwoman on? I do not think that your display have any statue competing with each other. Maybe I am just being over critical on how mine are displayed but for about a year I had only Batman and Catwoman displayed on the top of my shelving unit and now that GL is added I guess I am not used to it quite yet.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:29 AM   #629
saberhagen

Quote:
how long is the shelf that you have Harley, Batgirl, GL and Catwoman on? I do not think that your display have any statue competing with each other. Maybe I am just being over critical on how mine are displayed but for about a year I had only Batman and Catwoman displayed on the top of my shelving unit and now that GL is added I guess I am not used to it quite yet.
36 inches, just wide enough to fit Joker with some slight staggering.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:09 AM   #630
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

It is a bit busy, but I think it works. I'm displaying with the lantern, no question there and I like the ammo belt...if for no other reason than that it connects the ring to the construct. I think it looks great any way you do it, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote