Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #21
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

My fave statue from this line would definitely be Batwoman since mine luckily had no QC issues plus it captured the concept art & was further enhanced with minor improvements (tweaked mask, open left hand, & grappling gun). Poison Ivy would be a close second but i already own the Adam Hughes version & prefer that one's pose + venomous stare. Interested in Katana & Mera depending what they look like in-hand.

Wasn't impressed with how the final Supergirl & Huntress statues turned out. Saw some displayed at my LCS months ago, maybe due to molding issues Supergirl had a much narrower head. While the Huntress i saw had huge painted eyes compared to her finished prototype. It seemed like primer wasn't used either since the black paint of her suit was flaking off.

As Stanley Lau mentioned in his Starfire FB post, after he submitted the concept art the next thing he saw was the final product. If he's more involved with the production process then future statues would look faithful to his artwork. Also the line will last longer if DCC continues their selling strategy of alternating releases of most recognizable heroines followed by characters that were never in statue form. However they should also address + improve upon those molding & paint app issues.

Some of the Cover Girls i'd like DCC to make next are: Selina Kyle as mob boss 'Queen of Gotham' from Batman #28, Wonder Woman, Earth 2 Hawk Girl, Power Girl (in her newest suit), hooded Wonder Girl, unmasked Raven, Zatanna, Black Canary, & roller derby Harley.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #22
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

DC Collectibles has posted a close up article of the Vixen Cover Girls, and with it, included this great checklist of all the Artgerm Cover Girls so far.

Don't forget though, we know a Harley Quinn is scheduled for June 2015 from the secret showing at SDCC14, and Matthews has stated he's working on a Artgerm Wonder Woman.

Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #23
Weird Al
Frackin!

The Adam Hughes cover girls except Raven, Starfire and (inofficial but looks like Hughes) Death.

Weird Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #24
iceprince_x
Deadman

I do like the Adam Hughes line...I only lack the armor wonder woman to complete it.

the transition cover girls made up only of Wonder Woman, Death, Catwoman and Poison Ivy - I only got Death

For the Art Gem... though I am getting Vixen, I cancelled Mera, the base just don't make it for me.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
Dahwaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
I do like the Adam Hughes line...I only lack the armor wonder woman to complete it.

the transition cover girls made up only of Wonder Woman, Death, Catwoman and Poison Ivy - I only got Death

For the Art Gem... though I am getting Vixen, I cancelled Mera, the base just don't make it for me.
There was a Harley Quinn with her New 52 Suicide Squad outfit in the transition period too. I had her along with Ivy and Catwoman, but recently sold them since they were all pretty average (they were actually my first ever statues because they were the "new" things when I started haha).

I guess technically Platinum was included in the transitional period because she wasn't designed by Artgerm (was based off Kenneth Rocafort's art) but I like to include her with Artgerm since she was the first one to have the oval shaped base.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:09 AM   #26
iceprince_x
Deadman

thanks forgot about harley...which was actually the best of the bunch....having a 2nd round of re-selling.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:38 AM   #27
jetpacksam
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

i Have Death, IMO it's a seriously underrated piece. They really did a great job on her.
jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #28
Dahwaf

Both Harley and Death are being re-released as 2nd Editions. Exact same statue, I believe, since there were not numbered the first time around (Harley's out at the end of this month and Death is out October)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #29
jetpacksam
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

yes and i think that's quite annoying. they did / are doing that with quite a few other too and while i do get it, that is really unfair and makes numbering them pretty pointless. . At least Christmas Harley is different enough that i won't feel like I'm being double dipped when I buy her.
jetpacksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #30
SDguy

I thought the second release of Harley has a different skin tone?
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote